My Colombian sponsor daughters

laurend

View attachment 183495My sponsor child is closer to the screen and my husband's child is closer to window. They both have their own unique beauty. My child has beautiful hair and skin and my husband's child has a beautiful figure, smile and skin. My husband's sponsor child is attending the University of Cartagena and is graduating 2014. He is paying for the school and the tuition is only $600 a year. My child wants to pose for pictures on Facebook and play on the beach. :lol::nono: I told her she's got a few months and if she doesn't enroll, I'm cutting her loose. I need to get in the parenting thread.:drunk:

Anyway back to hair, what is her hair type? Would you call that 3a?

Attachments

• CIMG1732.jpg
    CIMG1732.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 312
Last edited:

prettybyrd

I'm sorry that I cannot help with the hair typing, but what you and your husband are doing for these young women is such a wonderful gift! His daughter is a beautiful girl. :)

ETA: Just viewed the hair chart at NaturallyCurly, and perhaps she's in the 2s. Her hair looks more wavy than curly.

Last edited:

Harina

What program are you sponsoring them through? Did you specifically pick Columbia?? I would be interested in doing something like this...

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
They are beautiful! I'm glad one woman is able to study at University; I'm sure the younger lady will enroll, too.

laurend

Harina

I reloaded the picture.

My first child is from the Dominican Republic and while I was sponsoring her, I got an urgent request from Children International for 2 teenagers who lost their sponsors. One was my husband's sponsor child and the other was my sponsor's child's older brother.

I like Children International because if you want to do extra for your child, they let you do it.

Attachments

• CIMG1732.jpg
    CIMG1732.jpg
    503.8 KB · Views: 193
Last edited:

Nonie

Her hair looks to me like it has curls and they've been brushed out. They aren't big enough to be 3A IMO. 3A curls are so big that they basically flop and open up like this:

Her curls to me look like they are the same size as Teri's below only your daughters are brushed or combed out:

Here's an image of 3B hair brushed out--it looks wavy:

ETA: Another example to show how different curly hair can look depending on what you use on it and how you style it: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/500351-post7.html

Last edited:

laurend

Her hair looks to me like it has curls and they've been brushed out. They aren't big enough to be 3A IMO. 3A curls are so big that they basically flop and open up like this:

Her curls to me look like they are the same size as Teri's below only your daughters are brushed or combed out:

Here's an image of 3B hair brushed out--it looks wavy:

ETA: Another example to show how different curly hair can look depending on what you use on it and how you style it: http://www.naturallycurly.com/curltalk/500351-post7.html

Nonie thanks! You are right because I went back and looked at other pictures and her hair is curly. She must have brushed it out.