What was your hair inspiration as a child?

aquajoyice

I remember two things as a child that began my hair obsession. Aside from my mom and her thick APL hair these are the two pics that stand out in my mind that made me say as a child.. "I want my hair to look like that" :grin::grin:

What is your childhood hair inspiration?

Attachments

• Pleasure Principle.jpg
    Pleasure Principle.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 78
  • rudy-huxtable1.jpg
    rudy-huxtable1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 73

angelgrl135

well Rudy Huxtable is kinda my hair inspiration right now. Remember on some of the episodes when she was older and she would wear it out and it was REALLY big? yea that's what I want

but when I was younger I loved me some Ashley Banks hair.

so1913

Well, as a young teen...when Aaliyah came out, I thought she had the coolest hair ever!

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
well, I'd have to say Keisha Knight Pullam as well! :yep: Also during my teens it was Tatyanna Ali and Tia and Tamara Rowley.

aquajoyice

LOL!!!!!!!! I remember being 8 wanting long luxurious hair. Even though I was still climbing trees and playing with my dogs lol

aquajoyice

well Rudy Huxtable is kinda my hair inspiration right now. Remember on some of the episodes when she was older and she would wear it out and it was REALLY big? yea that's what I want

but when I was younger I loved me some Ashley Banks hair.

I totally forgot aobut Ashley! She had gorgeous hair! I was also looking for that pic of Rudy's hair out in a big pouf...couldn't find it :look:

silenttullip

Nobody for me, I never really thought about my hair at all I had two future stylists for sisters and a mom who did a killa perm "no burns" so I always had a good length "past sl" and new styles. Oh the good ole days lol

silenttullip

Now a days I'd love to have rudy's or ashley's hair, how about a combo rudy's hair thickness and volume and ashley's lovely texture.

I totally forgot aobut Ashley! She had gorgeous hair! I was also looking for that pic of Rudy's hair out in a big pouf...couldn't find it :look:

MsBoinglicious

Girl say whaaaa!!! I loved me some rudy hair. I remember she had it blown out on one epsidoe and it was like mid/waist length.

I grew up on 'A Different World'
I lOVEDDDDD LOVEDDDDD lisa bonets hair.

Loved Cree's hair (I used to get called freedy coming up cause I wore my hair like her's)

Whitley's of course. Her long tale in the back, pinned/slicked on the side and curls pilled high on the top look.

OMG I USE TO WANT LISA TURTLES HAIR SO BAD coming up!

Jackee from 227 hair was big and I loved it!

And ya'll already know SISTER SISTER there curls were the most AWESOME!!!!

ETA:
OMG Yes who up top said AALIYAH!!! I LOVED her hair as a kid.

aquajoyice

OMG!!!! Thank-you!! It's all coming back now! :grin::grin::grin: And Aaliyah is my girl! I loved her overall style and confidence and her killer hair she was deifnitely a style Icon for me growing up!:drunk::drunk:

MsBoinglicious

wait a minute hold on I can't believe I almost forgot this. I swear I loved me some VANITY in the Last Dragon. I loved her hair!

so1913

wait a minute hold on I can't believe I almost forgot this. I swear I loved me some VANITY in the Last Dragon. I loved her hair!

I'm not embarrassed to say that THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME and I think I watched it at least twice already this week... (yes I can receit the script line by line lol lol)

MsBoinglicious

I'm not embarrassed to say that THIS IS ONE OF MY FAVORITE MOVIES OF ALL TIME and I think I watched it at least twice already this week... (yes I can receit the script line by line lol lol)

Girl OMG YES I luv this movie. I bought the double sided DVD and somebody stole it from me can you believe that. Talk about knowing this movie line for line! Classic! And they are remaking it and are going to F it up BIG TIME. I am soooooo mad about it!

MsBoinglicious

Okay what about Jurnee Smollet when she was 'On Our Own' with her 200+ brothers and sisiters. lol I loved her in Eve's Bayou.

aquajoyice

Girl OMG YES I luv this movie. I bought the double sided DVD and somebody stole it from me can you believe that. Talk about knowing this movie line for line! Classic! And they are remaking it and are going to F it up BIG TIME. I am soooooo mad about it!

Okay what about Jurnee Smollet when she was 'On Our Own' with her 200+ brothers and sisiters. lol I loved her in Eve's Bayou.

200 brothers/sisters! You are too funny! And they all looked aliked too LOL! Her hair was and still is gorgeous!:lick::lick:

Strangefruittree

My Mama Loved her some Prince, so Purple Rain, Under the cherry Moon, grafiti bridge and all the like were movies I watched over and over as a kid with my 2 sisters and our butt length hair on wash days--- That was alot of hair, no wonder my mom shaved hers off lol...
But all of prince's ladies were hair inspirations for us... We wanted to wear our hair out so bad. So my mom made one compromise style which was the appotunia, a high bun with some natural curly tendrils which was as close to grown up as we could get...

Attachments

• appollonia.jpg
    appollonia.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 32

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
When I was a young kid.. I was all about my black barbies. So I guess their hair?..

Middle school- Ashley Banks (Tatiyana Ali)

aquajoyice

Yes Prince always had the ladies with the hottest hair! I guess he thought their hair has to look better than his! Even the chick with the short hair style on Graffiti Bridge was gorgeous :)

Uber

My inspiration was a girl in my infant and junior class called Rachel. She had hair just like Rudy Huxtable.

Whenever I dream how I would like my hair to look like, I always picture Rachels

Strangefruittree

oh... And my teens was Amel Larrieux.. i rocked that bun HARD... thats why my hair was long with a relaxer I think during that time... Always wore my hair like this

Attachments

• groove.JPG
    groove.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 54

aquajoyice

I have two of her albums and still love her today! Look at this beautiful hair!

Attachments

• Amel1.jpg
    Amel1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 33
  • amel2.jpg
    amel2.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 29