My Cousin Has A Hair Growth Secret

Ajna

sorry y'all its the upgrade messing with the pics..our focus should be on what her secret is anyway LOL

I was thinking about this and I wonder if it is more diet related, more water, more protein, less sugar. I was really limiting my sugar for about four months and drinking about 64 ounces of water every day. I had really good hair growth but in the last month or so I have been slacking and I can tell.

I wonder if it is just that simple?

SimplyWhole

Cant't see it

Can y'all see it now?

@SmilingElephant @divachyk

Kiadodie

@Italiano
I have to ask... did y'all call and check up on her when she was going through her cancer treatments???
So thing was when she was sick no one in the family knew. Her and the mom (my aunt) kept it a secret. Then my aunt wants to come at the family later talking about why wasn't anyone been there for us. We were like y'all didn't tell anyone?!

Last edited:

fasika

So thing was when she was sick no one in the family knew. Her and the mom (my aunt) kept it a secret. Then my aunt wants to come at the family later talking about why wasn't anyone been there for us. We were like y'all didn't tell anyone?!

Urgh, WHY are Ethiopians like this about illness?! I'll never get it :nono:. It's definitely a cultural thing. When my mom had breast cancer and openly told people, people were shocked! There were many who advised her to keep it quiet. Like, why?! She needed the support, and someone may be helped by the info she had.

Kiadodie

Urgh, WHY are Ethiopians like this about illness?! I'll never get it :nono:. It's definitely a cultural thing. When my mom had breast cancer and openly told people, people were shocked! There were many who advised her to keep it quiet. Like, why?! She needed the support, and someone may be helped by the info she had.
Girl this is one of things I hate about our culture. I think they are afraid of being judged because our culture is known for that too.:( Yea after the fact she wants to get all mad talking about where was everyone, we were all like why the efff didn't you tell anyone?!? She had nothing to say but wanted to remain mad.:confused:

fasika

Girl this is one of things I hate about our culture. I think they are afraid of being judged because our culture is known for that too.:( Yea after the fact she wants to get all mad talking about where was everyone, we were all like why the efff didn't you tell anyone?!? She had nothing to say but wanted to remain mad.:confused:

Definitely afraid of the judgment. At the time, it was right in the middle of the worst of the HIV pandemic, and people were in overdrive trying to hide what illness their relative has or died from, etc. They ended up expecting my mom to have the same hush-hush attitude about cancer, and she was like, *** that!!

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple

My grandmother is like that. She had breast cancer and wanted to keep it a secret so no one would worry about her. What she failed to realize was that as many times as she's been there for us, her family, we would have been honored to finally return the favor.

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
You have beautiful hair yourself.
Thank you! You have great hair too! I can see why you want to know her secret though!

I didn't always have long hair either - stalled between shoulder and bsl. My "secret" was leaving it alone. Buns and updos 99% of time. No heat or chems. Boring.
I straightened on my bday, Easter, and Christmas. That's when it grew.

Oh Also when I was pregnant each time - it grew like a weed.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Nope, still can't see the pic. I give up. Judging from the responses, her hair is pretty. My husband had cancer and kept it hush. He wanted people to treat him normal and not like he had cancer. Only a select few knew what we were faced with. The rest learned either through the grapevine and/or after we drop kicked cancer in its teeth. Oh and, he's not Ethiopian.

Subscribe

Thank you! You have great hair too! I can see why you want to know her secret though!

I didn't always have long hair either - stalled between shoulder and bsl. My "secret" was leaving it alone. Buns and updos 99% of time. No heat or chems. Boring.

@wavezncurlz Where can I see/read your hair journey? Your hair is beautiful.

CurlyMoo

and she ain't trying to tell the family. :look: When we were little her hair never grew. Dont get me wrong, it came to about bra or so but it was very regular degular (I always wanted to use that term lol) but mine always grew to my waist and she was always so jealous. Sometimes, I thought she would cut my hair off in my sleep..yea it was that bad. :look:

Anyway, years later and now she's using something to make her hair GROW and when one of my other cousins asked her what it was she wouldnt' tell her, her petty a** self. :look:

This her hair now PLease dont quote..incase she is on here :spinning::cool:.lol THis is a vent thread but also, what do ya'll think she uses??? My aunt (her mom) told use she puts something at night (oils) and takes some vitamins. Im telling y'all this is a miracle, her hair was NEVER like this.
I wanna see her hair too? Where is the pic?

Phoenix11

Your hair is gorgeous. How long did it take you to achieve the lenght in your siggy?

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Your hair is gorgeous. How long did it take you to achieve the lenght in your siggy?
I'll post a few links. @Phoenix11 @Subscribe

from CurlyNikki (6 years ago wow):http://www.curlynikki.com/2010/07/wavezncurlz-naturally-glam-hair-idol.html

When I was doing updos - 90% of the time.

https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...t-a-hair-cut-and-i-feel-exposed.570925/page-2

https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/curly-length-check.598191/

https://longhaircareforum.com/threa...-hair-right-now.527413/page-192#post-17589909

2013 curly

2014 after baby 3 at 44

2015 colored

Now:
curly - my avatar and this:

straight - my signature

SmilingElephant

I have ALWAYS admired your hair!! And to see that of flourished even more!? :love: