My Dad Taught Me How to Protect My Nape!

InJesusName

I don't know how we got on the conversation, but I was telling my dad about the bald spot that had developed at the back of my neck where I was tying my silk scarf. I had been trying to tie my scarf on the side, but it would slip off during the night. He suggested that I tie my scarf "conk style"

The younger ladies may have no idea what I am talking about, but those that have been around a while can remember when men used to walk around with a scarf tied around their hear with the knot in the front (didn't Tupac do this as well?). Anyway, I had never thought of it. As long as you don't tie the knot too tightly in the front, it works wonders and gives your nape a break. Just thought I'd share.

Conk style...Think Morris Day in Purple Rain...

I don't know how we got on the conversation, but I was telling my dad about the bald spot that had developed at the back of my neck where I was tying my silk scarf. I had been trying to tie my scarf on the side, but it would slip off during the night. He suggested that I tie my scarf "conk style"

The younger ladies may have no idea what I am talking about, but those that have been around a while can remember when men used to walk around with a scarf tied around their hear with the knot in the front (didn't Tupac do this as well?). Anyway, I had never thought of it. As long as you don't tie the knot too tightly in the front, it works wonders and gives your nape a break. Just thought I'd share.

Perfect example :lachen:I actually have to tie mine in the back now because my front is starting to get a lil thin :sad:

This is how I tie my scarf nightly! :up:

Yup, gives your nape a break but I have the remedial hole.... now growing in at my upper left front where my scarf knot rested for many year's night, so rotate that knot wherever you let it rest!!:yep::yep:

i tie mine in the front all the time which is why i have that line on my forhead in my siggy pic. I need to start tieing in the back.

Hey, ladies!

I have a long rectangular shaped scarf (the Christina Satin Gro scarf; don't know if it really helps with growth, but I like it) that I used to tie in the front and sometimes the back. Just recently, as per a friend of mine (whose hair is probably about APL by now; she left the company so I don't see her at work anymore), suggested that you wrap it around and tuck the end into whereever it ends (maybe the front, side or the back; for me, it's usually the side); that way, you don't have a knot anywhere.

Just a thought; HTH!

Back