My Drugstore Jems! come take a look!

robot.

My Drugstore Gems! come take a look!

i was just thinking about pre-poo oils and hot oil treatments when i find these at a local drugstore/pharmacy! i spent a good five minutes deciding on which ones to buy, but when i asked the price, i just grabbed one of each. :yep:

here's what they look like.

( i had to take a picture using my mobile, since i couldn't find my digital camera at the time ).

(green one) Mega Care Olive Oil Hair Oil
Olive oil repairs and moisturizes dry, tired hair.

• Very beneficial to dry, damaged hair and split ends.
  • Rich restorative hair treatment for lifeless dull hair.
  • Makes hair soft and silky.
  • Revitalizes hair.
  • Olive Oil restores the hair's natural moisture balance, and improves elasticity, hydration, and shine.
Ingredients: OLIVE OIL, SOYBEAN OIL, SUNFLOWER OIL, CASTOR OIL, SAFFLOWER OIL, COTTON SEED OIL, WHEAT GERM OIL, MACADAMIA NUT OIL, TOCOPHEROL, FRAGRANCE.

(orange one) Mega Care Raw Shea Butter Oil Hair Oil
Very pleasant soothing feeling for hair and body.

• Excellent for all types of hair including natural styles, braids, extensions and chemically treated or colored hair.
  • Moisturizes dry or damaged hair.
  • Repairs and protects against weather, damage, dryness, and brittleness.
Ingredients: RAW SHEA BUTTER, CANOLA OIL, SAFFLOWER OIL, COTTON SEED OIL, WHEAT GERM OIL, JOJOBA OIL, MACADAMIA NUT OIL, TOCOPHEROL, FRAGRANCE.

(pink one) Mega Care Vitamin E Oil Hair Oil
Vitamin E aids stronger, longer, and healthier hair.

• Vitamin E penetrates the scalp and hair shaft.
  • Aids in the growth of stronger, longer, and healthier hair.
  • Moisturizes dry and tired hair.
  • Improves circulation.
Ingredients: SWEET ALMOND OIL, LEMON OIL, WHEAT GERM OIL, GRAPE SEED OIL, JOJOBA OIL, TOCOPHEROL ACETATE, TOCOPHEROL (VITAMIN E), ROSEMARY EXTRACT, FRAGRANCE.

you get 1.5 Fl. Oz. (45ml) for 99 cents and the caps are removable (you can screw them on and off) and it comes with a nozzle tip so you can get it right on your scalp. i haven't used them yet, but today is wash day and i can't wait. :grin:

Last edited:

vkb247

I have been using these oils for a little over a year now. I was able to buy them from the BSS in Atanta (off MLK past the Marta stop that takes to six flags in Adamsville)They are the first things I ever used to lubricate my scalp so this made application easy and simple for me. It was especially great when I was weaved up!

I love the tea tree oil and so does my scalp. I bought it because tea tree is a natural antiseptic (the first ingredient!) and I thought it would be worth a try to see if it made my hair grow faster but I don't use it regularly. I also use the shea butter type and I love them both. Just realized that the tops can come off so now they are one of my favorite tools!

I even use them on my face sometimes :look:

Dposh167

i LOOOOOOOVE these oils...I've been using them for a while (Olive oil & Shea Oil)...i usually will seal with the olive oil and use the shea oil on my scalp. it helps loosen my stubborn new growth. and the ingredients are GREAT!

eunique

i had the shea butter one, used it up and haven't been back to the bss where i got it to get more but i loved it. used it on el scalp.

robot.

i'm glad so many of you like them! :grin:

so i learned... DON'T RINSE WITH WATER. my hair felt terrible afterwards. i think it'd do good as a leave in. i used the olive oil with a bit of steam and my hair was soft and shiny! :yep: so i'm glad i learned something and i still have a little over half left!

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
I have a few of these (atleast 3), but havent used them at all yet. Ladies you can also find these at your regular BSS, by all the small sample like things like Aphogee packs and stuff and the little tube is worth 99 cents when you are unsure of what your hair likes. Compared to spending $9 for a 16oz bottle of all that your hair hates....Its worth the try IMO.

naskat

i get these form the 99cent store here in brooklyn, and the shea, vitamin e , and olive oil are my favs. they are great for prepoos and in dcs. the shea butter oil is very moisturizing