Frizzy Ends from Air Drying

msjones

Hello! Yesterday afternoon, after using a protein poo/con and then a moisturizing DC, I decided to let my hair air dry and then put my carusos in. All-in-all, my hair seems a lot thicker and healthier, b/c I haven't used heat in weeks, but yesterday was the first day my ends ended up frizzy. They shouldn't be frizzy at all b/c I don't have split ends. Can I remedy this on dry hair? Or do I have to re-wash/condition?

gymfreak336

Your ends are probably frizzy because the cuticle layers are not flat. When you air dry, it is harder for your cuticle to lay flat. Heat helps do that which is why after flatironing, your hair looks shiney and feels smooth.

RubyWoo

A good leave-in conditioner and/or serum should do the trick. I used to have frizzy ends when I started air drying. However, once I began using Lacio Lacio and/or Salerm 21 as my leave-in and a serum, my frizzy ends were gone. I also love Silicone Mix Leave in which I use occasionally. Personally, I've found that using leave-ins with silk proteins and silicones in them have helped me tremendously since they help smooth the hair. Just be careful to clarify regularly if you plan to use a leave-in or serum with silicones. Also, Some good serums that I love are Fantasia IC Olive Oil Serum and Paul Mitchell Super Skinny serum. They are excellent for smoothing the hair as well. HTH!

bellesocialite

When using Caruso rollers, it's best to use end papers. That way your ends will turn out sleeker. Whenever I use my steam rollers without end papers, my ends turn out ridiculously frizzy. If you're air drying, you can try putting magnetic rollers only on your ends while wet to have the ends dry smooth. HTH.