My first steam treatment.

RosesBlack

I did a home steam treatment with turbie twists, my soft bonnet dryer attachment and some Ors Replenishing paks.

First off my hair feels lovely and silky.

However. My already prone to fluffy floofy hair has exploded. I hate having wet hair for hours and hours and I usually airdry but something tells me this time it was not a good idea.

See pics-

Image568.jpg

As it dries it just gets fluffier.

Image565.jpg

I don't think I have products to um...get it to calm down.

I love the steam treatment but until I figure out roller setting or wet bunning without discomfort I probably won't do it again.

:whyme:

I love thick hair so for me, it looks fine. Just a little moisturizing and combing and you'll be fine. Why don't you flatiron it then to flatten it if you don't like it big?

I love thick hair so for me, it looks fine. Just a little moisturizing and combing and you'll be fine. Why don't you flatiron it then to flatten it if you don't like it big?

I do love it big but I've never had it just fluff up like this. I was very surprised. And I'm bunning/doing boot camp. I wasn't expecting the fluff. I dug through my PJ bucket and found I have some Profectiv break free. I'll probably use that and some coconut oil and my satin scarf to see if I can tame it a little before bed.

This is another instance when I wish I could cornrow better. If I can get the edges somewhat orderly so my bun doesn't look horrible tomorrow I'll be happy I think.

Scarf is an excellent idea - that will make it flat by AM. If that fails, a light moisturizing gel should work magic. Good luck:grin:.

I do love it big but I've never had it just fluff up like this. I was very surprised. And I'm bunning/doing boot camp. I wasn't expecting the fluff. I dug through my PJ bucket and found I have some Profectiv break free. I'll probably use that and some coconut oil and my satin scarf to see if I can tame it a little before bed.

This is another instance when I wish I could cornrow better. If I can get the edges somewhat orderly so my bun doesn't look horrible tomorrow I'll be happy I think.

And can I just say you are killing me with that pretty fro.

If my hair would do it, that would be how I'd wear my hair every day.

Awwww, thanks RosesB! If only I had the guts to wear it out like that I would but I don't. When it grows longer, I will:lick:.

And can I just say you are killing me with that pretty fro.

If my hair would do it, that would be how I'd wear my hair every day.

Back