My friend's progress in ONE YEAR!

H

honey_jammz82

My friend I went to nursing school with has made such progress it is amazing. Two years ago she had a short Halle Berry cut...I only have pics from one year..it is actually about 10-11 months of prgogress. She is texturized, and her hair is soo pretty. I have not been able to convinve her to join LHCF, but I love her hair!

Hope she doesn't mind me posting these, lol!

Attachments

• kam1.jpg
    kam1.jpg
    3.9 KB · Views: 275
  • kam2.jpg
    kam2.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 300
H

honey_jammz82

Eiano said:
gorgeous hair!
texturized w/ a texturizer or "texlaxed"

what's her regime?!:grin:

She is texlaxed, sorry..I am not up on all these new terms. She normally does wash and go's, but when she straightens she uses a blowdryer w/ comb attatchment and then flat irons. She uses razac oil/grease, I am not sure which shampoo/conditioner she uses. She does not do cw with her wash and go's though. Her routine is very simple, i will get more info from her though.

spiceykitten

Your friend's hair looks great!

She has very beautiful features, does she have an Asian lineage because her eyes are so sexy and exotic. Her skin is very nice too.

Aubergold

spiceykitten said:
Your friend's hair looks great!

She has very beautiful features, does she have an Asian lineage because her eyes are so sexy and exotic. Her skin is very nice too.

Her eyes look Black to me

H

honey_jammz82

She is not Asian her parents are from Grenada(sp?). Her hair grows like crazy, you know your hair grows fast when white people acknowledge that your hair has grown fast, lol. She does not take vitamins or do anything special..she was trying to get tips from me, lol, when I need to be getting info from her. She washes her hair daily(when she wears it curly) and uses Johnson's baby oil gel in her hair.

spiceykitten

Honey Jam:

Thanks for the response. It confirms my thought.

Your friend is a beautiful Grenadian beauty. Majority of the Black WI are very beautiful. In addition, your friend may not realize it but she may have some Indian in her roots. There were a small percentage of Indians that were brought from India to Grenada to work years ago. I cannot explain it but there is something about her features and skin that caught my eye. I got the desi look out eye! LOL

And before some people get pissed off or offended, even if she does not have Indian in her roots I still think she is very beautiful and exotic looking. There is no doubt about her beauty.

naturaline

spiceykitten said:
Honey Jam:

Thanks for the response. It confirms my thought.

Your friend is a beautiful Grenadian beauty. Majority of the Black WI are very beautiful. In addition, your friend may not realize it but she may have some Indian in her roots. There were a small percentage of Indians that were brought from India to Grenada to work years ago. I cannot explain it but there is something about her features and skin that caught my eye. I got the desi look out eye! LOL

And before some people get pissed off or offended, even if she does not have Indian in her roots I still think she is very beautiful and exotic looking. There is no doubt about her beauty.
ITA- shes beautiful! she reminds my of my niece who has an asian father- she looks black but has a deeper reddish/brown colour to her skin.

SHES DONE REALLY WELL to gain this progress in just a few months (asian in her blood or not) Whooo Whooo to her!!

BronzyBella

spiceykitten said:
Honey Jam:

I know what you're talking about... There are a lot of people from the West Indies who have East Indian blood in them.

My mom's side of the family is Grenadian. I've been told about how there are a lot of Caribs/Amerindians in Grenada, Guyana, Trinidad, and the Dominican Republic as well.... When I was researching it back in high school, I found out that it's a lineage of South American Aboriginal mixed with African.

KiniKakes

Beautiful hair, beautiful girl! She's gotten some wonderful growth in a short time. :) Kudos to her!

It would certainly be nice to have her on the board. But remember, we can lead the horse to water, but we cant make them drink. :lol:

zzirvingj

As Flava Flav would say.... "WOWWWWWWWW......."!

LOL, no but really her growth is to die for! :eek: And her regime sounds like it's really simple, which just goes to show that "less is more" when it comes to growing hair.

Did you say she is a 4a/b?

NessaNessa

Her growth is amazing!!!!!!

OT: Disclaimers are soo NOT neccessary :* This is a hair board, not geography class :)

Last edited:

MoMo

honey_jammz82 said:
She is not Asian her parents are from Grenada(sp?). Her hair grows like crazy, you know your hair grows fast when white people acknowledge that your hair has grown fast, lol. She does not take vitamins or do anything special..she was trying to get tips from me, lol, when I need to be getting info from her. She washes her hair daily(when she wears it curly) and uses Johnson's baby oil gel in her hair.

I absolutely love baby oil gel! I thought I was the only one that used it on my hair.