My Guy Friend Just Called Asking for Hair Advice for his Niece! Too Cute!

BlackMasterPiece

Okay so my guy friend facebook chatted me asking me for general hair advice at first I thought he was kidding because he rocks a ceasar but then he said nooo its for my niece, her mother just doesnt take good care of it and its really bad, he sent me the pics and you guys I was like :blush: her mother really lets her daughter look any kind of way yall:nono:

So I tried to make the best outta the situation and give her the benefit of the doubt I was like "maybe you can give her some tips from what I tell you"....and he said "she's just one of those women that just doesnt care about having a job or making sure her daughter is well groomed" I was like:perplexed I asked if they live near me so maybe I can just volunteer to care for her hair, he said she lives way out in the cut.

So I was like would you be willing to do her hair? He didnt even hesitate and was like ABSOLUTELY can you please teach me how to do hair? It will be good practice for when I have a daughter on day. I was like:love3: What a great guy:love2: so I started telling him about sulfate free poo's and explained to him that he can simply do meduium sized braids in her hair and keep it very simple and he was like How do you braid?:perplexed I was like awww:giggle: so we finally decided that we're gonna meet up and get everything he'll need in one day:yep:

I told him to bring his neice and I'll do demonstrations to teach him how to care for a little black girls hair. I'm gonna keep it very simple to start. This call made me soooooo happy. It shows you there are some really kind people left in this world:love2: and it shows you we can really take action as a community to care for a child if its not being provided at home. When I saw her in her pic she looked SO adorable! Deep dark mahogany skin gorgeous face just a cutey, can't wait to meet her! I'm really excited for this you guys anyway....just wanted to provide a nice story to cheer some folks up!:yep:

robot.

Aw, I love men and children stories when it comes to hair. Thanks for sharing.

I asked my SO if he would ever do my hair and he always tells me, sure, no problem. I can't wait to teach him to twist/braid. :lol:

LiberianGirl

He sounds like a sweetie AND is finding ways to spend time with you. Please post an update on how your "session" went.:grin:

BlackMasterPiece

Aw, I love men and children stories when it comes to hair. Thanks for sharing.

I asked my SO if he would ever do my hair and he always tells me, sure, no problem. I can't wait to teach him to twist/braid. :lol:
Awe:love2: some of them actually want to know!

Robot it was soooo sweet because he was askin me all these questions because he was like "I just don't want her to end up being one of those girls that relies completely on weaves I want her to love her hair and know how to take care of it...I have so many questions to ask you"

Robot he was literally writing down notes! It was adorable what a sweet guy.

He sounds like a sweetie AND is finding ways to spend time with you. Please post an update on how your "session" went.:grin:
Well.....that is possible lol it would be pretty slick considering how passionate I am about natural hair care LOL but I'm just glad I'll get to meet and help out this little girl!:meme:

Last edited:

ceebee3

That's so sweet, reminds me of my daddy. I used to love when he would fix my hair, it looked a hot mess but he did try.:yep:

TaraDyan

Natural again ... this time for good!
That's so sweet, reminds me of my daddy. I used to love when he would fix my hair, it looked a hot mess but he did try.:yep:

I was JUST about to say this. I love it when men are willing to step up to the plate and learn how to do a little girl's hair.

I remember when my mom was in the hospital when I was a young girl, so my dad had to do my hair (and my sister's hair) for a whole week. Ummmmmm ... let's just say I appreciated the effort and leave it at that, m'kay?

:lachen:

But seriously, I loved the fact that he even tried. I thought it was so sweet.

BlackMasterPiece

I was JUST about to say this. I love it when men are willing to step up to the plate and learn how to do a little girl's hair.

I remember when my mom was in the hospital when I was a young girl, so my dad had to do my hair (and my sister's hair) for a whole week. Ummmmmm ... let's just say I appreciated the effort and leave it at that, m'kay?

:lachen:

But seriously, I loved the fact that he even tried. I thought it was so sweet.
:rofl: so sweet of him to try:love2:

But on the real, theres no way it can get any worse then how it looks now:nono: I just can't believe it, I might get her a coupla outfits too for christmas because her mom.......*sighs* anyway imma keep it positive....can't wait to meet that lil hersheys colored sweetheart!:grin:

blackbarbie986

aww that is so sweet of him and of you to help. he seems like a really nice guy to care that much about his niece. hopefully her mom will get on board too.