My hair goal... My Friend's awesome hair pic!

FAMUDva

One of my closet friends has my GOAL hair! She's always had fairly long hair, but more recently she let it grow longer. The pic below is from '06. She's since cut off a couple of inches and is more like MBL now. Her hair is THICK and healthy. She doesn't subscribe to notions of doing a whole lot to her hair. She doesn't even shampoo that often (she said every 2 weeks or so). I'm trying to get more info from her.

I did gleam that is stretches relaxers and always has (even though she never called it that). She said she gets her relaxers ever 4-6 months out of habit.

Last edited:

Lady Esquire

It is beautiful. It looks thick and heavy!

The longest head of hair on a black woman that I have ever seen was on one of my mother's client's. The only time she visited the salon was to relax, which was about 2 or 3 times a year. Her hair was passed her hip, she would have to scoop it, not to sit on it.

Another person I knew was in grad school. She relaxed every 6 months and her hair was tail bone. We just do not see enough of this in our community anymore. Amazing. Inspirational. Just like your homegirl.

Soul♥Flower

It is beautiful. It looks thick and heavy!

The longest head of hair on a black woman that I have ever seen was on one of my mother's client's. The only time she visited the salon was to relax, which was about 2 or 3 times a year. Her hair was passed her hip, she would have to scoop it, not to sit on it.

Another person I knew was in grad school. She relaxed every 6 months and her hair was tail bone. We just do not see enough of this in our community anymore. Amazing. Inspirational. Just like your homegirl.

Isn't that amazing to see. My grandmother used to have hair down to just above her knees (always wore it in a braided bun tho). But then she cut it all off when my grandfather passed 17 years ago. Oh well.

FAMUDva

It look so thick, long and healthy. Do you know her hair type?

She's mostly 4a, with some 3c if I had to take a guess. I don't get into hair typing and neither does she. She has "regular" black folks hair if you know what I mean :look:. It's lovely, thick and has a nice coarseness.

FAMUDva

Gorgeous hair! Do you have any other pics of her to share? :grin:

This is the only length pic she has from recently. She normally wears it either down and swept to the back or up when it was this long. She said she'll take more pics when she loses weight... lol!