My hair is going to fall out if I don't relax y'all...

Wait, your natural, I could understand (somewhat) if you were relaxed and doing a long stretch, but you're natural! Some things just make me go "huh?"

this is what has me confused.

I was there reading sweetspirits, siggy and staring at her BC date while scratching my head:spinning:

Her advice and comments were unsolicited but I can see where she's coming from. People on this very forum complain about stretching and transitioning because of hair loss and difficulties managing two textures. Self included. With all my knowledge I still have two sections of hair in the crown area that broke off at the demarcation line while I was stretching my relaxer.

So, imagine someone who doesn't have the hair care knowledge we've learned from hairboards, YT, general research or personal knowledge. I can imagine that some people (note that I said some) may experience breakage from improperly managing their new growth and relaxed hair.

Just my two cents. Thanks for reading :)

Last edited:
all respect due to the elders.... but... among my peers, I will whisper... WTH... 50 years old mean she was born in the 60s, black power anyone? This knowledge is known that chemicals are damaging, and there is nothing about textured hair that makes it just jump off your scalp, so ... im sorry... she loses...50 yrs old... My granny is 90 this year and she ALWAYS did natural hair ... My auntie didnt have a perm until she was 30 something... press and curl or a bun with a fro pony.... and they from south carolina...

apart of it is the same mentality that continue to persist, even now that the know how and vehicles of communication exist... ... i think im in a bad mood ranting on an old lady i dont even know

Last edited:
Her advice and comments were unsolicited but I can see where she's coming from. People on this very forum complain about stretching and transitioning because of hair loss and difficulties managing two textures. Self included. With all my knowledge I still have two sections of hair in the crown area that broke off at the demarcation line while I was stretching my relaxer.

So, imagine someone who doesn't have the hair care knowledge we've learned from hairboards, YT, general research or personal knowledge. I can imagine that some people (note that I said some) may experience breakage from improperly managing their new growth and relaxed hair.

Just my two cents. Thanks for reading :)
But OP is ALL NATURAL....she has no line of demarcation. :perplexed

LOL!!! All I can do is laugh. She really thought she was helping you out! How is adding a chemical to your hair going to prevent it from falling out?

Bless that woman's heart for thinking she was helping. But how does someone who was alive during the 1970's manage to say something like that? Did every black woman that had natural hair lose all of it or something? I'm so confused...:rolleyes:

i figure when ANYONE offers me unsolicited advise or opinions, they open themselves to any reaction i may have, and no one is exempt.

and old lady nearly got it at my last job from tugging on my hair. i threatened to pull her wig off and she left me alone.

Back