My hair is going to fall out if I don't relax y'all...

SweetSpirit86

:lachen:I took a quick run to Shop 'n Save for some bread just now and as I'm standing in the aisle, this woman in I'd say 50s comes up and starts clicking her tongue and looking at my head all crazy. :spinning: So, I'm like...Ooook...why is this woman staring at me like she's lost her mind? It was like she read my mind because as soon as that thought had processed, she starts talking to me. "Baby, you know your hair is gonna fall out if you don't hurry up and get it permed don't you? I'd hate to see all that pretty hair fall off your head, and I know you would too." :rolleyes: I guess she meant well, but I'd think if I have "all this pretty hair" on top of my head, it must've taken awhile to get here...and it's not going anywhere...especially not just because I didn't relax it. Not a rant, or anything, just wanted to share as I found the entire situation hilarious, lol.

Pffffttt! 50 is not old enough for that nonsense to come out her mouth....70? sure lol 50? No. Did you reply? It was time for a lesson!

Thats funny, I would have blown it off too. In her head she was trying to help, but we don't always have to take other peoples advice.

Pffffttt! 50 is not old enough for that nonsense to come out her mouth....70? sure lol 50? No. Did you reply? It was time for a lesson!

My thoughts exactly. My family is from the South and deference and respect are a big deal. That being said, you have to at least be able to be retired before you get to start talking sheer and utter foolishness.

:lachen:I took a quick run to Shop 'n Save for some bread just now and as I'm standing in the aisle, this woman in I'd say 50s comes up and starts clicking her tongue and looking at my head all crazy. :spinning: So, I'm like...Ooook...why is this woman staring at me like she's lost her mind? It was like she read my mind because as soon as that thought had processed, she starts talking to me. "Baby, you know your hair is gonna fall out if you don't hurry up and get it permed don't you? I'd hate to see all that pretty hair fall off your head, and I know you would too." :rolleyes: I guess she meant well, but I'd think if I have "all this pretty hair" on top of my head, it must've taken awhile to get here...and it's not going anywhere...especially not just because I didn't relax it. Not a rant, or anything, just wanted to share as I found the entire situation hilarious, lol.

:lachen:The nerve of some people! Has she REALLY never seen someone fully natural with long hair before???:spinning:

I'm sorry, but there is just some craziness that I wouldn't have been able to keep my composure. I'm pretty sure I would have :lachen:'d all up in her face.

Wait, your natural, I could understand (somewhat) if you were relaxed and doing a long stretch, but you're natural! Some things just make me go "huh?"

That's what's weird...my hair isn't even all that long, lol.:look: MAX it might be SL. It's just thick.

Right, but I just meant in general. I see people walking around with long or big natural hair all the time that are longer than SL. I would think that she HAS to have seen SOMEONE SOMEWHERE :lol:.

Thats really funny :lol: I went to get a trim from my stylist from back in the day about a month ago. I was about 8 weeks post and she told me that I need to get a perm..I was like no no I usually go about 4 months between my relaxers and she looked at me in horror. She was like your hair doesnt break off when you do that? and I was like nope.. As she was trimming it she kept insisting that I get a relaxer ASAP or all my hair will break off smh. Some people just don't know..even hair dressers.

Thats really funny :lol: I went to get a trim from my stylist from back in the day about a month ago. I was about 8 weeks post and she told me that I need to get a perm..I was like no no I usually go about 4 months between my relaxers and she looked at me in horror. She was like your hair doesnt break off when you do that? and I was like nope.. As she was trimming it she kept insisting that I get a relaxer ASAP or all my hair will break off smh. Some people just don't know..even hair dressers.

I know right? Like seriously...WHAT are they being taught while in hair-school?
I've learned more just by surfing the INTERNET for FREE than they've learned in a couple of months while PAYING for "HAIR SCHOOL"....it's sad really....but it is what it is i guess.:perplexed

looooooool I get what she meant but yea 50 isn't old enough to act crazy like that my moms around that age and she's transitioning. Hopefully she was just thinking of people who can't handle the thickness and texture. About 2 years after I was natural mine started falling off well it was actually excessive shedding because I didn't know what I was doing so hopefully that's what she was shooting for. Now for my time to laugh at her ignorance "mauhauhauhauhau" *hits the floor roflmao* "hahahhahhaha" okay *adjusts polo all lady like* "I'm done now :yep:"

WOOOOW......well tell me...what did HER hair look like? o_O

She had healthy looking SL bonelaxed hair. That's just another reason I thought she really was just trying to help, lol. If she looked a H.A.M. I'd have given her the side eye while I was nodding and smiling:lachen:

looooooool I get what she meant but yea 50 isn't old enough to act crazy like that my moms around that age and she's transitioning. Hopefully she was just thinking of people who can't handle the thickness and texture. About 2 years after I was natural mine started falling off well it was actually excessive shedding because I didn't know what I was doing so hopefully that's what she was shooting for. Now for my time to laugh at her ignorance "mauhauhauhauhau" *hits the floor roflmao* "hahahhahhaha" okay *adjusts polo all lady like* "I'm done now :yep:"

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

Did she have a full head of relaxed classic length hair?

ETA: Ok, shoulder length bonelaxed and I guarantee it's probably been shoulder length for 40 years.

I know right? Like seriously...WHAT are they being taught while in hair-school?
I've learned more just by surfing the INTERNET for FREE than they've learned in a couple of months while PAYING for "HAIR SCHOOL"....it's sad really....but it is what it is i guess.:perplexed

Not just the internet or hair school. Why don't these hair stylists read the INSTRUCTIONS that come with the relaxer???!!! I know they teach reading instructions in elementary school. A lot of relaxers say wait AT LEAST six weeks in between processing. Meaning if you want to wait LONGER than six weeks, you CAN. :rolleyes: They would probably find some excuse around that too; :lol:

why would anyone think your hair will fall if you you DON'T put chemicals on it. I mean...really???? LOL I would of nod and smiled too..what can you say.

Did she have a full head of relaxed classic length hair?

ETA: Ok, shoulder length bonelaxed and I guarantee it's probably been shoulder length for 40 years.

lol everyone isn't trying to grow long hair so just because someone's been SL for 40 years doesnt mean they don't know how to care for hair.....well in her case she obviously doesnt lol

Back