MY HAIR PICS

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Hi guys,

I'm shy about posting pics online; but I finally did it. I'm about to transition (again)... so I'll be replacing these with braid pics, new growth, etc.... It's not a hair journal, just some pics... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

adrienne0914

i don't know why you shy. girl, your hair is SO pretty and thick! i can't wait to see update pics during your journey! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

adrienne

AZJeepgurl

Laela,

How pretty and thick your hair is! What are your hair goals?
I LOOOOOOVE the cute cut!

AZ
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Amethyst

Laela your hair is that gleaming ebony that I love. Good luck with transitioning. I'm glad you finally decided to take that leap of faith.

VALLEYGIRL

Very nice!!! Nice, thick and healthy Laela. Nice shine too!!!

Just curious...why do you want to go natural? And you said again..you were natural before? Why did you relax again?

I am just being nosey...that's all

Valleygirl

Zola

Laela

Your hair looks very thick and healthy-plus very pretty.
Thanks for sharing with us. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Edited to add: And good luck on your transition!

NAY007

Keep doin what you doin, I really love your hair. It's so thick and healthy. Whatever you doing....don't change it.
Nay.

pebbles

Hi Laela,

You have such beautiful, thick shiny hair! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif It's going to be so exciting watching your hair grow longer and longer.
Very nice, Laela. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Titansgirl

Laela, your girl is very shiny and healthy looking /images/graemlins/shocked.gif Keep up the good work /images/graemlins/drunk.gif

Robin41

Your hair looks so healthy and shiny, Laela. If I could get mine to grow out even like that I would be totally satisfied.

Thanks for sharing your photos.

sweetcocoa

Your hair looks nice and shiney and thick(the way I like it). How much of your hair(roots) is natural so far? It looks like we have the same hair type.

LondonDiva

Laela, stop frontin girl, you know you took those pics for the hair board. No one takes pictures with their back to the camera. It's OK admit it you are just as hair obsessed as the rest of us.

You got a gorgeous head of hair going on there. You're off to a great start. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Compassion

Your hair is simply gorgeous. /images/graemlins/smile.gif It has a nice sheen, and looks so healthy! I know you must be proud.

Blessings,
Compassion

SherryLove

Shy???? About What??????? Your hair is very healthy looking....Keep up the good work and continue to share your hair pics w/us..... /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

SherryLove

Crysdon

Thick and Shiny...that's your hair's name. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Keep up the good work!

Armyqt

Looking good Laela /images/graemlins/up.gif Lovely head of hair you got there. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Laela

Thank you, Adrienne!! I'd like your lenghth but I think I'll achieve it faster naturally...

Laela

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
CurlyCrly said:
Your hair is very pretty and healthy looking. Will you be
transitioning to natural?

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks, Curly... Your hair's pretty, too...

Yea, I made the decision this week. I was completely natural before. The only thing I really hated was the hours of braiding my own hair. The best part was starting and feeling "renewed" ...I don't know if I'll texturize yet...it's still an option.

Laela

AZJeepgurl said:
Laela,

How pretty and thick your hair is! What are your hair goals?
I LOOOOOOVE the cute cut!

AZ
/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks AZ, that's my last bob, I'm hoping /images/graemlins/grin.gif
I wet-setted it then wrapped before I went to bed.

Until last week, I was wearing the drawstring p'tail, thanks to Adrienne's tips on her site.. [thanks Adrienne!!]
My hair's pretty healthy now. So my immediate goal is to have a healthy head of natural hair. The sky's the limit on lenghth. But I'm feeling Kelis' look now.

Laela

Amethyst.. God Bless you girl, for your words of encouragement.. I need it!!! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Zola: THANK YOU!!

Laela

VALLEYGIRL said:
Just curious...why do you want to go natural? And you said again..you were natural before? Why did you relax again?

Valleygirl

[/ QUOTE ]

(((((Valleygirl))))))

YOU'RE the one with the bomb hair, whew.. that's some hair on your head, girl!!!!!!

I'm glad you asked. To answer yours question: When it comes to my hair I make one big drastic change instead of little changes. That's because I'm so indecisive I have to make a big change so its not so easy to go back. sigh, I'm cursed..

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Seriously, I have soooo many reasons. I want to inspire my two young nieces to stop relaxing their hair. Their father is a vegan and wishes their hair were natural again. I think the only way I can inspire them is to be natural myself. That's one of the reasons. Also, I miss: the fluffiness after my hair was washed; the cute afro puffs and the hanging twists (my natural got to shoulder-lenghth, dang!!!); the healthier scalp [relaxers dry it out]; the versitality [if I want it straight, I press or wear a piece]; another reason was to save $$$, but I'm not so sure I'll be able to do that, since I'm PJ'ing because of this site... but hey, that's a good thing!

Laela

Hi /images/graemlins/wave.gif Nay!!

Thanks! Most of the hair's nourishment is internal. I think it's mostly the Shen Min hair vitamins (like I need thicker hair! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif; I'm also using a castor oil/coconut oil/jojoba oil to the scalp once a week but the scalp's always dry.. [I oil more often and my oily face suffers.] I also drink a juice mix every morning (white grape juice and frozen fruits, including mango) and just started adding grounded flax seeds on top and stirring it in. I try to have a green salad at lunch or dinner. And I drink 6-8 glasses of water. Pretty simple, but I think it's more genetics. I just have THICK hair.. and I've heard that all my life /images/graemlins/laugh.gif