My hair was raped today. So violated. Rant!

See this is why I'm hesitant about going to a stylist...Sorry this happened, but your hair does look nice...And THANKFULLY, it will grow back!!!

i keep reading about these crazy hair dresser stories dam i love my hair dressser even more now because she doesnt like to cut hair at all

i keep reading about these crazy hair dresser stories dam i love my hair dressser even more now because she doesnt like to cut hair at all

I feel the same way about my stylist. I wouldn't trade her for anything. She only gave me a major trim once when I first started going to her salon and only dusting since.

Sorry you had a set-back JL. Luckily it does not seem that you lost that much progress. You should reach APL in no time.

Last edited:
please i asked my stylist to cut my hair before and she kept asking me if im sure for a good half an hour because my hair was apl at the time it was the most annoying thing at the time a customer begging for a cut(victoria beckhems) and the stylist basically saying no

I don't understand why some stylist are like that. I ask before I cut your hair. Really, I don't like cutting hair at all. I don't see why some stylist who do what ever they want to your hair have all the clients in the world.

Okay,

So I had my sew in from Feb until today ~ 2.5 months. I decide to take down, get a steam treatment and flat iron press.

I was not feeling the stylist during my first hour since he made it clear every 5 mins that he did not like the fact he had to take down my weave. Though I told him that when I set up the appt, I guess he was still upset since the NBA West finals were coming on. But, I let that go.

After taking down my weave, I noticed he was taking me to the wash bowl without detangling my hair. NO!!!!!!!! Dude, are you serious? So I asked that he comb out my hair. His reply...."I did."

I reminded him of my steam treatment and he basically told me that he does the treatments, but they really don't do anything different than a normal d/c under the dryer. Well I told him I WANTED the steam treatment and my hair gives off extra shine and looks healthier after steam treatments.

Okay, here is where my hair was raped....

After scalding me with the blowdryer to straighten me out, he pulls out the scissors and begins cutting my hair. :stop:

Me: Yanking my head away...."Whoa whatchu doing?"
Stylist: "I'm cutting your hair."

Me: "I don't want my hair cut"
Stylist: "You wanted a press."

Me: "Yes, and no cutting, please."
back and forth
back and forth
:arguing:
Stlylist: "Well I can't curl split endz." This was said loud in front of other stylist and client. I'm done at this point.
:catfight:
Me: embarrased. "Just do whatever." Knowing he already snatched a layer and cut it.:wallbash:

Outcome:

Hair cut shorter than length in Dec 08.

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
IMG_0353.jpg
[/FONT]

IMG_0347.jpg

More pics in fotki.

Me pissed!

My goals for APL in summer is ruined. I'm pulling out a gun on the next stylist that does this without asking. :ohwell:

Thanks for letting me rant.

Whaaa? :spinning: Hon please just walk away. If he can be rude, so can you. You shouldn't have to take that kind of treatment for a second even!!!!!

Sorry that happened to you. This happened to me twice in two years with two different sylists. Both behind my back so I didn't see the true length they were cutting until it was too late. Next trim, I will be super vigilant with this third stylist. Though, she's known for doing exactly what the client asks for.

I have the authority because I'm paying you.

I did my bff's hair yesterday and she made a joke that I could call her whatever I wanted because I was doing it for free.

But if I'm paying you...you do what I say!

Back