MY hair will be gone tomorrow

divine

I washed my hair and its finally time to cut my relaxed hair off. It knotted all over my natural hair and big clumps just coming out. So I will be left with 4 inches of hair.....
frown.gif

its like last year all over again.......

It fell out in clumps last year? Surely it stopped falling out at sometime, until now. What have you been doing differently recently to your hair? Did you get another relaxer? Different hair products. Please share your regimen so we know how to assist you best.

No relaxer....
No comb......
just wash and condition.
Its just my hair can't take the relaxed part of my hair. its knots up....
My relaxed hair is colored and tuff...
my natural hair is soft, fine, and wavey, and each hair is really small..
so its just knotted up where the two textures meet.

So are you transitioning? If so, and you are growing it out, the two textures must be kept very moisturized all of the time and treated very gently. Perhaps one of the ladies (like Hairlove) who is transitioning can give you better advice.

Good luck with your chop! When I chopped I had about 2 inches of hair and was petrified, but my hair thrived and grew back at a nice pace. Your hair will grow back
smile.gif

You'll be fine. Your hair will thrive without the relaxed hair attached to it. I bet it will be easier to care for and you will love it!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
mikki727 said:
Good luck with your new hair journey. Don't be sad, it could be a blessing in disguise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree!

[ QUOTE ]
mikki727 said:
Good luck with your new hair journey. Don't be sad, it could be a blessing in disguise.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree....You have my full support on the big chop......
smile.gif
smile.gif

I really believe your hair is going to "thank you" Divine.

I know it is sad to see length go...but if it is keeping you from ripping out your hair, knotting it and matting it...then it is for the betterment of your hair.

Your hair is going to thank you...I can feel confident in saying that. If you treat it with kid gloves from here on out...you are going to swear that your hair is growing OVERNIGHT!

Hang in there Chica...you sound like you made a good decision.

Back