My Horrible Salon Visit

Fine 4s

I know exactly how you felt OP. I really do.

I don't speak up as much as I'd like to and so either I gather the courage to do it at the begining (lay out everything that I want like I did yesterday) or just don't go. OR, have the stylist do a very limited amount of work like just blowdry it or flat iron it. I def. skip the washing because as you experienced, I can't imagine anyone detangling my hair with the care that I can and even that hurts sometimes :S

Solitude

I remember a few women with long hair who came into the salon I went to with their "haircare kit". They knew all along......

Yeah, I remember one time I was in a Dom salon in DC & a woman with MBL hair brought a little kit with all her own products and she detangled her own hair after they washed it, and she took the rollers out herself after the rollers dried.

I was sitting under the dryer watching in amazement. At the time, I was thinking "why did she even come to the salon?" Now I totally understand.

BostonMaria

I know exactly how you felt OP. I really do.

I don't speak up as much as I'd like to and so either I gather the courage to do it at the begining (lay out everything that I want like I did yesterday) or just don't go. OR, have the stylist do a very limited amount of work like just blowdry it or flat iron it. I def. skip the washing because as you experienced, I can't imagine anyone detangling my hair with the care that I can and even that hurts sometimes :S

I told my sister that at this point I'll have to go to the salon with washed hair, in rollers, all they have to do is blow dry it bone straight. So I guess I'm not going LOL

Last time I went was November and although I stopped the woman from detangling with a fine tooth comb (I'm surprised my thick hair didn't eat that comb) I didn't yell at her when she SHAMPOO'D MY HAIR ABOUT 4 TIMES and my hair was as dry as the dessert. I was like no this **** didn't... :lachen:

SherylsTresses

I told my sister that at this point I'll have to go to the salon with washed hair, in rollers, all they have to do is blow dry it bone straight. So I guess I'm not going LOL

Last time I went was November and although I stopped the woman from detangling with a fine tooth comb (I'm surprised my thick hair didn't eat that comb) I didn't yell at her when she SHAMPOO'D MY HAIR ABOUT 4 TIMES and my hair was as dry as the dessert. I was like no this **** didn't... :lachen:

Exactly! If we have to give them a detailed list of what we want done and bring in our own tools/products, should we pay the full amount? What's the point in going? After reading these posts, I'd rather get a friend or family member to do my hair when needed.

Again, it explains why a lot of us have become DIYers.