My little napptural type 4 hair inspiration!!

Tara

Since most of us are on the grow, I thought I would post this little girls hair. I found it on Pam Ferrel's web site.

It's so remarkable because I can honestly say I've never seen a little girl, with long NATURAL hair so it's incredible. Props to her mom!!

I read the post cuz I know how Andre says that type 4 hair can't grow really long.....well this little girl puts THAT to rest /images/graemlins/grin.gif

I posted this on another site, and if you notice in the smaller pic, notice that she is holding her hair AND stretching it. So you know I was like "WOW"!! I know she's little but she's still inspiring. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

P.S. So this is the amount of growth she achieved in 4 years, I wonder what how much hair she'll have if she never cuts it by the time she's say, 20!!

Here is the site: http://www.cornrowsandco.com/

Integrity

Re: My little \"4\" hair inspiration!!

loveli hair!!! please send me a link to pam ferrels website, tara. thanx

Integrity

replying to:

P.S. So this is the amount of growth she achieved in 4 years, I wonder what how much hair she'll have if she never cuts it by the time she's say, 20!!

i guess it depends on her hair cycle. it may grow a little more than this and just STOP at that length. hair does not grow indefinitely...

Tara

Hey Pandora /images/graemlins/grin.gif

It was actually just a rhetorical question. But I'll tell you this, if my hair got "only" that long, I'll take it, LOL!!

I'm guessing with my shrinkage if my hair was that long, I think if it were pressed it would be probably tailbone. So um....if that's as long as my hair ever gets, I'd be pretty lucky /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Integrity

me too. i wont be bothered about length once i reach shoulder (bcos that is the challenge for sistas!). pls dont forget pams website to fwd to me, tara /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Tara

Ooops, sorry I forgot to mention, I went back to the original post and then added the url /images/graemlins/grin.gif

HTH, You know, I want to buy the book for THAT picture, lol! I already have her other one "Let's Talk Hair"

pebbles

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
I read the post cuz I know how Andre says that type 4 hair can't grow really long.....well this little girl puts THAT to rest

[/ QUOTE ]

That little girl really does put that argument to rest. Andre should know better than that. He can't say that he has never seen long type 4a/b hair. What planet is he living on?

terica

When I was 6 years old through about age 8 or 9 I had hair exactly like that. My hair was soooo BIG that it took up the entire background of my 4th grade picture. My grandmother always kept it braided. I was very tenderheaded. The other girls at school (black) use to tease me and call me Bush Gardens, so I never really appreciated my beautiful hair and was a bit ashamed of it. I didn't realize they were jealous because they didn't have any hair. Well about 6th grade I went to a hairdresser for a press n' curl and she decided I needed a cut. Well she cut it uneven and with old nasty scissors. My g-mom was furious. My hair was never the same after that.

I'm glad I have you all, because I am getting my beautiful hair back and I thank God I'm not as tenderheaded anymore. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
The other girls at school (black) use to tease me and call me Bush Gardens, so I never really appreciated my beautiful hair and was a bit ashamed of it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Bush Gardens?! The names kids can come up with! /images/graemlins/confused.gif
That reminds of a argument I witnessed between this group of girls. One girl said, "You think you're cute!" The other said, "NO, you think I'm cute and that's the problem!"
I'll never forget that! /images/graemlins/grin.gif
Those girls wished they had a 'bush garden' on their head!
I vaguely recall a theme park named Bush Gardens...

Valerie

We were brought up to hate our beautiful hair. But hopefully, now we are looking after our hair and we will encourage our daughters to have even better hair.

Integrity

i agree with valerie. the future generation of black women will have healthy, beautiful and longer hair that is the norm and not the exception. the ladies of LHC forum will go down in history! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

nijilah

Thanks for posting this wonderful picture. I have seen plenty of little 4a/b girls but most have their hair in braids. I am also going to make an assumption that many of us had long 4a/b hair when they were children, but we just had to get the relaxer or some jealous hair dresser ruined our hair or we even did it ourselves. I had waist length hair as a child until I got that relaxer in 9th grade. Now, I realize that it wasn't the relaxer, it was that I didn't know how to take care of my hair whether relaxed or natural.

The first 2 times that I tried to transition, I had so much breakage and gave up. I had no idea what I was doing. Now, over the past 2 years and belonging to this board, I transitioned and am now natural. Yes, there were some times when it was rough but the information that I learned here was a hair-saver.

Love the picture and send it to Andre!

LondonDiva

That little girl is so beautiful and her hair /images/graemlins/shocked.gif it's gorgeous and so thick.

I just wish my aunt would look after my cousin's hair properly her hair could be that length now.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I had beautiful long natural hair as a kid. It used to break combs and brushes b/c it was so thick. My mom couldn't handle it so at age 12 relaxer intro....I'm trying to break that cycle at age 32 ;-D

unlvgirl

My Crown and Glory
pebbles said:
I read the post cuz I know how Andre says that type 4 hair can't grow really long.....well this little girl puts THAT to rest

[/ QUOTE ]

That little girl really does put that argument to rest. Andre should know better than that. He can't say that he has never seen long type 4a/b hair. What planet is he living on?

Are you serious! He actually said type 4 hair can't grow long. Well I have two heads of type 4 hair that puts that myth to rest. It just ticks me off the way peope make statements that are just unfounded. What a rude thing to say.