My okay-ish attempt of a braidout

renren

Hey Ladies,

Just wanted to post some pictures of my braidout.:grin: I wore it to church today. I was pleased with it, it wasnt perfect but it was wearable. This is the first time I did a braidout and left it open. I normally put it up in a ponytail. The major problem I have with this style is getting my hair to dry fully before I take down the braids. My hair takes forever and a day to dry. :perplexed:perplexed As you can see my hair did not stay set in the wavy braid out pattern because of this.

It looked okay to me, I will try blow drying before I go to bed, see if that helps.
Lately I have been feeling like I work so hard to have healthy hair and its always up in a bun or ponytail. I would really like to experiment more with styles. I have decided to do a braidout everyweek until I get a look and product combination that I'm satisfied with.:yep:

Any suggestions are welcomed!!! Any hair twins out there... let me know what works for you!!

TIA

Attachments

• Picture 141.jpg
    Picture 141.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 147.jpg
    Picture 147.jpg
    18.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Picture 131.jpg
    Picture 131.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 150
  • Picture 133.jpg
    Picture 133.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 147
Beautiful ... love the thickness! I wish my braidouts turned out half a nice as yours.

Thanks Ladies, you all are so sweet and encouraging. I must admit, I felt a little uncomfortable wearing it open. Here in Trinidad, they dont really appreciate big hair. Although im texturised my hair still gets pretty big.

I remember being asked on many occasions 'what happen to ur hair' , 'yuh didnt comb ur hair awa', I've even been asked if I was 'goin cotton pickin' :perplexed

I would really like to get a braid out dats not so fluffy and a little more ZZZ shape going on.:lick:
I almost put it in a ponytail when church was going on. I went to the ladies and saw how big it had gotten, but I liked it... I dont usually wear hair styles like this... I was surprised at how much I liked the look on me.

Thanks for the support and kind comments.

I think it looks wonderful. I thought it was nice but I didn't really think it was overly big or fluffy.

If you don't have to put your products on sopping wet hair, you can try drying your hair with a shamwow towel (if you have those in trinidad). It pulls the excess water out quickly and easily. And it should dry faster.

Going cotton picking? Are they serious :perplexed they must be jealous...because your hair looks super pretty. i love that braidout. and with all that thickness I thought u were natural! beautiful hair I'm glad you want to experiment with it now

Back