My Shapley's & Surge 14 update, GREAT results!

LaNecia said:
The smell is strong but I think if you really watch how much you apply, that makes a huge difference. The only time the smell seems to annoy me is when I put it on at night before bed...so I put it on in the morning!
I will try it that way too. Thanks for the idea LaNecia ;) I thought I was going to have to let that one sit with all of my other products that I've bought and did not use. :(

Spidergul said:
I will try it that way too. Thanks for the idea LaNecia ;) I thought I was going to have to let that one sit with all of my other products that I've bought and did not use. :(

You're very welcome! Hopefully you'll have a lot of success with it! I've got a graveyard forming in a box too.

Yay! I am starting this shapely's cond now. For you girls who want to tame the smell, Surge and mango buteer worked for me, so I won't be using it as a pre-poo after all. :lol: I hope my results will double my stinky challenge length! :cool:

Hi,

On another thread, one of the posters suggested going to arcaros.com for the Shapleys MTG. I just checked the site and it's $9.89 there plus $7.50 for shipping to NY.

D.

I posted in the original MTG post, but I thought I'd post it here, too...
I am seeing great results. I can tell because I had a blow out done a few days ago and the back finally "lays" on my collar bone, and I don't have to barely stretch that muchfor it to go pass shoulder. When I say the back, I'm talking about the lower back half of my hair. Before starting to use MTG, the back had to be stretched to touch the shoulder. So I say about 1.5 inches in 1 1/2 months and normally my hair only grows about 1/2 inch a MONTH!!! So with this bumped me up to an extra 3/4 inch in less than a month's time, right?

My sides are growing too (my sides and bangs grow fast) but my sides started at my chin and now barely stretched it touches my collar bone. So my hair is going to grow in layers but I don't mind (great dilemma to have)!
Another bonus is my hair is stronger and shedding has subsided greatly, shinier, too! I haven't been surging as much but I will start back up when I get braids.

The ultimate was the cheesey grin on my husband's face and noticing the results. He said whatever I'm doing it's working and that he was proud of me!!! (sniff sniff). Of course, I do the vitamins, carrot juice, egg whites along with the MTG so it's probably a combination of these, but my hair seems to really respond to the MTG (oil). I apply it to my scalp at night (every few days) and massage it in. I've been doing the baggie method the whole time so I even put some on my ends (sometimes with Castor or Evoo). I wash 2x a week but I'm excited when I get braids because the directions even say to apply the oil and braid it up... with the braids I'll still wash 2x a week, maybe just 1x a week or alternate between weeks.

Congradulations to all the ladies that have had great growth results- hope to share mine soon. i got mine from www.farmvet.com -32oz for $12.99. I have been using mine faithfully for 3 weeks. the first week i used it daily. i had a trim and colored so the second and third weeks i have been using it every other day along with shealoe butter and organic hair butter. It has made my hair softer and is a really good moisturizer. I can't report on growth yet because i am natural and haven't been wearing my hair in any protective styles. I will report on growth in mid-April though.

Hello, This stuff sounds like it is great. Can someone (preferably someone with a paypal account that accepts credit card payments) send me out some of this stuff. I can't seem to get it at all in Canada.

Or if any Canadians can get it in there neck of the woods would you be willing to pick some up for me?

Thanks
Catt

asha said:
Hello, This stuff sounds like it is great. Can someone (preferably someone with a paypal account that accepts credit card payments) send me out some of this stuff. I can't seem to get it at all in Canada.

Or if any Canadians can get it in there neck of the woods would you be willing to pick some up for me?

Thanks
Catt
You can order from www.arcaros.com or get from your local feed/farm store.

none of the local farm stores in my area offer the shapely's..there are lots of other horse products and none that I have phoned carry shapely's.

Also, most of the online places don't ship to canada or don't have a secure online form (they want phone orders for international customers). The place you listed want first time international customers to do a bank transfer..I don't want to do that. I'm not comfortable doing that.

Thanks for the info but I checked all that and that is why I am wondering if someone can pick it up and ship it to me and I can pay them.

Again thanks.

Here's the response that I received back from Shapley's regarding the ingredients:

Hi LaNecia,

I would be glad to send our ingredient list for M-T-G, it's no trouble at all! Sulfur is the active ingredient in M-T-G. Other ingredients included would be a heavy paraffin oil, zinc stearate, cade oil and glycerin.

I hope this information is helpful and if I can be of further assistance please let me know.

Sincerely,

Liz Fisher
Customer Service
Shapley, Ltd.
11650 Chitwood Dr.
Fort Myers, FL 33908
1-800-982-2017
1-239-415-2275
1-239-415-2277 (Fax)
[email protected] <mailto:[email protected]>

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2005 1:36 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: RE: Shapley's for Human Use

Hi Liz,

Thank you for the previous info re: The Shapley's. Can I bug you for one more detail? What are the ingredients in the M-T-G? I only see Sulfur and the oil base on the packaging. I've read some sites where people are posting ingredients that are not listed on the packaging so if you could help me out for my own use, I'd really appreciate it!'

Thank you!

LaNecia

There you have it ladies...the ingredients!!

I got my MTG, I ordered yesterday, and it arrived today, actually I went to the UPS place and picked it up tonight, I felt like a one armed bandit running out of that place, it smells just like Glover's, I opened the package before I even got to my car and sniffed it out, I sprayed it as soon as I got home, I mixed it with the following: Asha's Silk Rose Leave In, Surge, and then MTG, I won't know how it smells until the morning...soooo Toodles for now....enjoy this stinky challenge...

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
Hi ladies,

Where can I purchase Shapley's hair products?

Thank you very much.:D
Here is a site my cousin told me about - premierproductsonline.com. The MTG costs $11.95 and shipping is FREE!

Have any of you used Glover's and Shapley's? Did you get better results with Shapley's than Glover's? They sound very similar...Glover's definitely has that bar-b-que smell too.

joonbug320 said:
Here is a site my cousin told me about - premierproductsonline.com. The MTG costs $11.95 and shipping is FREE!

Shipping is free for orders over $50. Sorry. But it is only $5.00 (smile).

I just called the store listed as a carrier in my area and they told me that they no longer sell MTG because other stores like Pet Smart and Wal-Mart now carry it!

Off to Wally World I go!!! :D

kitty18 said:
I just called the store listed as a carrier in my area and they told me that they no longer sell MTG because other stores like Pet Smart and Wal-Mart now carry it!

Off to Wally World I go!!! :D

PetSmart and Wal-Mart?! Are you sure about that? Wow.....

I did not see it online, but PetsMart does have a horse section.
Online there is a product called "Love that Tail".

A luxurious, hydrating shampoo and leave-in conditioner made of natural ingredients to promote longer, healthier tails. It's the secret to achieving an extraordinary tail!

It is a shampoo and conditioner (leave in). The conditioner has aloe vera, yucca, cactus, and cucumber in it.....according to the bottle. Don't know if it has sulfur in it, but the bottle shows a horse with its tail dragging the ground. I wonder what this smells like?

http://www.petsmart.com/global/prod...<>ast_id=2534374302036042&bmUID=1114190718003

I saw other products, including the Mane & Tail, but no Shapely's MTG. I may have missed it because there were a lot of products. Nothing came up on the walmart.com search. Perhaps they have it in the store for both of them.

Last time I went to Pet Smart (cause the equine store was closed), I looked specifically for Shapley's and didn't see it (I didn't ask a salesperson thought). But then again, that was about a month ago so who knows!

While we're on the subject on ingredients, that other stuff I mentioned...the Mega-Tek Rebuilder...it has those muccopolysaccharides....just like the Surge....and it's non irritating.....:rolleyes:

I am going to check pets mart later today/evening. I will look for the MTG and the leave-in conditioner that I posted about above...looking to see if it has sulfur and smell it if I can. :)

I am going to email petsmart to ask if it can be used on people. :eek:

PetsMart responded to my email about the "Love That Tail" shampoo and conditioner. I didn't ask about Shapleys.

Thank you for your recent email.

Love That Tail shampoo and conditioner is safe for use on humans. It does contain sulfate. We apologize but at this time, we do not have a percentage of how much the product contains. However, you may visit the manufacture's website for further information. The website address is www.lovethattailproducts.com .

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Lia
Customer Service
PETsMART.com-Where Pets Are Family!
1989 Transit Way
Brockport, NY 14420
1-888-839-9638

I went to that website and didn't like this "*NOTE * ALL TAILS ON EVERY HORSE ON THIS WEBSITE ARE REAL TAILS. ".....but, at least they're honest, I guess.

CurlyCrly said:
PetsMart responded to my email about the "Love That Tail" shampoo and conditioner. I didn't ask about Shapleys.

Thank you for your recent email.

Love That Tail shampoo and conditioner is safe for use on humans. It does contain sulfate. We apologize but at this time, we do not have a percentage of how much the product contains. However, you may visit the manufacture's website for further information. The website address is www.lovethattailproducts.com .

If we can be of any further assistance, please contact us.

Sincerely,

Lia
Customer Service
PETsMART.com-Where Pets Are Family!
1989 Transit Way
Brockport, NY 14420
1-888-839-9638

I went to that website and didn't like this "*NOTE * ALL TAILS ON EVERY HORSE ON THIS WEBSITE ARE REAL TAILS. ".....but, at least they're honest, I guess.

You mean "Not" ALL TAILS ON EVERY HORSE ON THIS WEBSITE ARE REAL TAILS. at least that is how I read it. :confused:

Spidergul said:
You mean "Not" ALL TAILS ON EVERY HORSE ON THIS WEBSITE ARE REAL TAILS. at least that is how I read it. :confused:

Oh, I misread it. It DOES say all tales are real tales. I was reading the "NOTE" as "NOT". duh!!!

Thank you! I think I'm going to get this. It sounds like it smells better than the MTG. :)

Back