My Split Ends Have Split Ends

sunshinelady

Hey y'all,

I am really struggling with split ends. I have had to get my hair trimmed twice in one month. What do you ladies do to prevent split ends?

I went to a dominican salon and she said I needed conditioner. I almost started cursing. I have been conditioning the heck out of my hair!:wallbash:

sareca

Find a sunny spot, cover your shoulders with a towel, get a good pair of professional scissors and trim them one at a time. It'll take you weeks but you won't have to sacrifice length to get split free hair.

Also you might want to sleep in your favorite conditioner a few times a week.

Brownie518

:hijacked: So sorry. But Sareca, I can't believe your friggin' hair!!!!! Dang!!! :shocked::shocked:
One word, girl...FABULOUS!!!! LOVE IT !!!!

Okay, you can now have your thread back. So sorry! :look:

KAT25

I was in the Dollar General the other day and I saw that VO5 had a shampoo and conditioner that was for split ends

this a picture of the shampoo but the conditioner is blue but a creamier blue couldn't find a pic of it for you

gymfreak336

Find a sunny spot, cover your shoulders with a towel, get a good pair of professional scissors and trim them one at a time. It'll take you weeks but you won't have to sacrifice length to get split free hair.

Also you might want to sleep in your favorite conditioner a few times a week.

Yeah, what she said. When I am bored, I will sit in front of my floor lamp and go to town. I also found that coating my ends in a mild protein conditioner before washing helped too, as did henna.

lana

You're not using heat, brushing (at all), combing too much? Probably not, so I would find the culprit. Could it be lack of protein or too much?

I know your head is spinning :drunk:, but I would do what the other ladies suggest and trim your split ends one at a time, get a friend to help you and you won't lose any length. We don't want that :nono:!

Lastly, please let us know how your hair is doing soon:yep:. Okay?

Yeah I forgot brushes could be the culprit (I only use those 100% boar bristle brushes, the ones guys use to get waves)
Jamaican Black Castor Oil helps too. I just use my favorite moisturizer and seal. I got a trim in April and haven't had more than 1 or 2 splits since!!!!

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
Hey y'all,

I am really struggling with split ends. I have had to get my hair trimmed twice in one month. What do you ladies do to prevent split ends?

After a fresh trim, I prevent splits by applying TIGI Bed Head Ego Boost split end mender every time I wash my hair. Nothing can actually mend splits, but this product does prevent new ones from forming. I haven't had a trim in over a year and haven't had any problems.

I've tried Fructis split end treatment, but--although it is cheaper and creamy--it did not work nearly as well as Ego Boost. However, I think some other ladies here have had a good experience with it. :)

sunshinelady

Thanks y'all. I just got through doing some trimming and I found several hairs that were split like branches. One hair had 7 splits up the shaft. Dagnabbit! I feel like I can't win.:wallbash:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Do you manipulate your hair alot? If so, that could be the culprit. From my experience, that's what caused split ends on my natural hair. I never had split ends until I went natural. This was because I overstyled it (I would do 3-4 styles in one week) and if my hair wasn't in twists, I would comb it a lot. So give your hair another good trim and then try to leave it alone as much as possible. HTH!