My Stylist Damaged My Hair!!!

Moroni

A month ago, I posted that he told me that it was not possible to burn hair with a "porcelain" (or ceramic) flat iron, but I knew that my hair had a burn smell when I left in September. The ends were crunchy, and I've been babying them (usually no heat, although I have used an FHI iron 2 times since Thanksgiving). My husband took a pic of my hair on Dec 2, and I was heartbroken to see my ends, especially on the right. :sad:

Do you also think this is heat damage since I actually smelled it? I'll bun and trim 1/2 inch every 3 months until I reach 3 inches past BSL then trim 3 inches off. What do you think is the best way to handle the damage? I'm going to be a DIYer from now on. :ohwell:

My reggie:

amla oil soak 3-5 X/wk @nite
prepoo with 35% CPR + moisturizing con plus heat
Cowash 3-5X/wk w/ Aveda DR con
DC w/ Aveda DR Intenstive 2 X/wk
leave-in + coconut oil
seal ends with Castor Oil
henna yummy 3x/month

henna trt 1/wk

Attachments

• Comparison Pic.jpg
    Comparison Pic.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 121
I'm so sorry you're going through that... I wish I could help, but I don't want to tell you anything wrong. I wish you luck with your growth and caring for your ends.:yep:

He definitely singed your hair. If you haven't seen any improvement since then, I would say you should trim your ends and just keep babying it.

I think you will be alright if you continue to baby it (as in lots of moisturizing)

I had bad heat damage a while back and sfter three months, my hair was back to normal :)

Last edited:
He definitely singed your hair. If you haven't seen any improvement since then, I would say you should trim your ends and just keep babying it.

The bad thing about it, though, is the damage showed up over time, and not immediately, so I thought I was safe, even though I could smell it. Thanks, Bmore.

How about doing a light dusting and conditioning your ends more. Maybe look for something with wheat and silk protein since they are light and can add strength without making them brittle.

How about doing a light dusting and conditioning your ends more. Maybe look for something with wheat and silk protein since they are light and can add strength without making them brittle.

That's a great idea. I'm using the Aveda DR, which is quinoa protein, and I just ordered some SAA from lotioncrafter.com. I've been using Chi Silk infusion, too, and my ends are much better than they were. I feel as if my progress has been sabotaged, though! Know what I mean?

I think you will be alright if you continue to baby it (as it lots of moisturizing)

I had bad heat damage a while back and sfter three months, my hair was back to normal :)

Thanks, Miss J. I'm hopin' it'll only be 3 months for me, too!

ETA: Looooove those pics of you and your love on the beach!

That's a great idea. I'm using the Aveda DR, which is quinoa protein, and I just ordered some SAA from lotioncrafter.com. I've been using Chi Silk infusion, too, and my ends are much better than they were. I feel as if my progress has been sabotaged, though! Know what I mean?

I totally understand you. It sucks when you see how far you come and in one bad move someone potentially messes it up.

A month ago, I posted that he told me that it was not possible to burn hair with a "porcelain" (or ceramic) flat iron, but I knew that my hair had a burn smell when I left in September. The ends were crunchy, and I've been babying them (usually no heat, although I have used an FHI iron 2 times since Thanksgiving). My husband took a pic of my hair on Dec 2, and I was heartbroken to see my ends, especially on the right. :sad:

Do you also think this is heat damage since I actually smelled it? I'll bun and trim 1/2 inch every 3 months until I reach 3 inches past BSL then trim 3 inches off. What do you think is the best way to handle the damage? I'm going to be a DIYer from now on. :ohwell:

My reggie:

amla oil soak 3-5 X/wk @nite
prepoo with 35% CPR + moisturizing con plus heat
Cowash 3-5X/wk w/ Aveda DR con
DC w/ Aveda DR Intenstive 2 X/wk
leave-in + coconut oil
seal ends with Castor Oil
henna yummy 3x/month

henna trt 1/wk

Girl, your hairtuition is telling you correctly--if you smelled a burned smell then something got burned. (and it sounds like it was your hair :()

Thanks, Miss J. I'm hopin' it'll only be 3 months for me, too!

ETA: Looooove those pics of you and your love on the beach!

Thanks girl! We had a blast! It was worth the 12 hour flight, lol!

I'm sure your hair will bounce back. I have taken so many chances with heat (Dominican blowouts, and a press with a marcel iron 22 weeks post as of recently) but I've learned that IMMEDIATELY after I do these things (like within 4 days) I have to deep condition for a least a week with some sort of super moisturizer. Then, luckily, it's back to 'normal' with no adverse affects.

I'm sorry this happend to you. Now that I look back on the last time I got my hair done (two weeks ago) and before I found LHCF, my stylist used LOTS of spritz on my hair and my hair would sizzle when she used the marcel iron. :wallbash: I cringe just thinking about it. I'm sure she damaged it and my hair ain't even long!!!!!! I'm going to be a DIY'er too.

I'm sorry this happend to you. Now that I look back on the last time I got my hair done (two weeks ago) and before I found LHCF, my stylist used LOTS of spritz on my hair and my hair would sizzle when she used the marcel iron. :wallbash: I cringe just thinking about it. I'm sure she damaged it and my hair ain't even long!!!!!! I'm going to be a DIY'er too.

Oooo. That doesn't sound good...:nono: Well then, we'll be learning together! I've been truly hesitant to self-relax, but I love my hair a lot more than anyone else could, so I'm sure I'll make it alright. I certainly won't do anything as dumb as burn it! :ohwell:

Hey Lady, I am really sorry about your mini set back. That stinks!!! It's one thing if you cause your own set back, but quite another if it's at someone else's hands. Obviously ceramic tools can burn his logic makes no sense:nono:. Keep it moving, trim if you have to, you still have beautiful hair. That's why so many of us have become DIY'ers.

Hey Lady, I am really sorry about your mini set back. That stinks!!! It's one thing if you cause your own set back, but quite another if it's at someone else's hands. Obviously ceramic tools can burn his logic makes no sense:nono:. Keep it moving, trim if you have to, you still have beautiful hair. That's why so many of us have become DIY'ers.

Oh, SS! I just checked your fokti, and you know exactly how I feel! Thanks for the support. I just won't wear it down.

OT: Did she not know, or was she just hateful? Whoa! BTW, take a look at Neonbright and Kinicakes, who both have fine hair at different lengths. So, please, don't be discouraged...WE SHALL OVERCOME!!! :yep:

Back