My TWA got Weave Checked Twice!

Filmatic

So I was out yesterday trying to get a little lunch before the hungry bear within me came out. While I was waiting.

The lady behind the counter asks me," I was wondering if that was your real hair?Or how you got it like that?" I was shocked. I nodded and said yeah it mine. She then went on a story about how she needed to stop relaxing. I looked at her head and said :look::yep:.

Then I go to take my sis some lunch and she asked me how I got my hair like that. I looked at her :rolleyes:. I said it was how it always is. She was the main person mad when I BCed too.

I thought my hair looked a hot mess bc I couldn't style it how I want but had to since I'm on a no wig challenge.

Last edited:

Truth

Girl they think anything is a weave if it got 2 much curl and looks healthy .... Soon as I walked into work this morning...the first thing my coworker says " your hair has grown alot" (it hasn't It's just bigger because of how I finger combed it this morning) "wait I mean is it real" ... mind u she's asked me this before and I told her it was real... she weave checks me everytime she see's my fro out ...I just find it so funny...

brianna-alyssa

ugh, i can't wait to get weave checked! it'll so make my day. nobody will be able to tell me ANYTHING. you're hair doesn't look like a HAM to me, it looks fine.

meecee

People just don't understand the beauty and versatility of natural hair. Wait until your hair gets bigger and longer. People are gonna ask you all kinds of crazy questions.

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
Your hair is gorgeous. I see so many stupid comments on U tubes calling naturals bald heads and jealous.:rolleyes: I'm finally happy to see a positive comment! :congrats:

Kranbery

When I was in college, the cleaning lady asked me how I got my hair "like that" three times. And each time I told her that's just how it grows. And she kept saying, I know, but how do you get it like that. I was like:ohwell:. Umm, that's just my hair (with a little force this time:lachen:) and she finally got it. Okey Dokey....

almond eyes

I had an Arab woman ask me if my afro-natural hair in a pony puff was my real hair in 1994. She told me that she only wanted to know because she assumed black women did not have a lot of hair.

Best,
Almond Eyes

GreenD

LOL, :lachen: when I wore my wash and go to work for the first time (since I'm usually wigging it up) people asked me if it was all my hair?! The same thing one of my neighbors said too. I thought that is the oddest thing. Why wouldn't it be? I've never seen a wig or weave that looks like this (see below--excuse me cheesin, that was the first time I had a successful wng :spinning:):

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Last edited:

Filmatic

LOL, :lachen: when I wore my wash and go to work for the first time (since I'm usually wigging it up) people asked me if it was all my hair?! The same thing one of my neighbors said too. I thought that is the oddest thing. Why wouldn't it be? I've never seen a wig or weave that looks like this (see below--excuse me cheesin, that was the first time I had a successful wng :spinning:):

That is beautiful. If mine came out like that I'd be cheesing too. Shoot shaking it and everything.

I have never seen a wig like that either. I told my sis if she sees one let me know.

GreenD

Posted again for emphasis. It kills me when they ask me how I get my hair like this. Um, I grow it.

LOL, :lachen: I know it shouldn't but I'm continuously amazed by the things that come out of people's mouths. Some people thought I did a straw set?! Uh, no!!:look: Not when my natural hair does the same with water and gel.

But then again I can't even knock people for asking. That's the only way they'll ever know is by asking. And hopefully with them asking they'll seek further knowledge on their own.

Filmatic

^^^ My sis asked was it a straw set. The thing is my mother was natural for years so my sis should know. The other lady I was fine with. If my lil shrunken afro helps her to get that crappy relaxer out of her head I don't mind being of service.

GreenD

^^^ My sis asked was it a straw set. The thing is my mother was natural for years so my sis should know. The other lady I was fine with. If my lil shrunken afro helps her to get that crappy relaxer out of her head I don't mind being of service.

No biggie I guess that could be the case, but with me knowing how easy and "do it yourself" and less time consuming it is, it just suprised me. I hope my pic was convincing as well in being of service!! For the most part I'm happy to answer questions about hair, but the weave/wig one just threw me off a little you know? That raised an eyebrow, but the set was more of a chuckle. Especially because it came from a natural with locks, who styles natural hair!!

After all being a natural out and about you definitely should be "on" most of the time, because you never know where questions and/or comments, positive and/or negative will come from. I've gotten stopped in parking lots with questions about my hair. So the more you talk and share your experiences, product and tips, the more people will know.

kblc06

You have beautiful teeth too (if you didn't already know you hair is gorgeous) :grin: . But yeah, I've gotton that reaction too, especially when it's a wash n go ponytail for some reason :perplexed

GreenD

You have beautiful teeth too (if you didn't already know you hair is gorgeous) :grin: . But yeah, I've gotton that reaction too, especially when it's a wash n go ponytail for some reason :perplexed

LOL, thanks that's my couple thousand dollar smile!! I had braces in college :grin:, that weirdly enough people thought were really cute!! That's for another thread on another board. But thanks!!

But I want to know how in the WORLD you braided your hair in a cirlce? I can't begin to tell you how this morning I tried and started at my nape and by the time I got to my left ear, I gave up. I can't move my hands/wrist in the right direction to braid!!!! :wallbash: PM please!!!

GreenD

Filmatic, did you check out the advertising banner above, the Sasha Paul Hairlogic one? I clicked on it because the natural wig stood out to me. I checked the site out, and their wigs are cute!! Now I can possibly see why I got checked. Make sure you pass it along to your sister.

GreenD

Filmatic, did you check out the Sasha Paul Hairlogic ad banner above? I checked it out because of the natural wig and they have some cute ones on the site. Maybe like 3 of them, not a lot. Now I can probably see how we might've gotten checked. They're cute and the Back in the Day wig looks like a bigger version of my hair in my avatar, so I can understand.

But who would've thought wigs would be made to imitate the "natural" look. But now I think either way relaxed or natural you probably will get checked at some point.

Harina

LOL, thanks that's my couple thousand dollar smile!! I had braces in college :grin:, that weirdly enough people thought were really cute!! That's for another thread on another board. But thanks!!

But I want to know how in the WORLD you braided your hair in a cirlce? I can't begin to tell you how this morning I tried and started at my nape and by the time I got to my left ear, I gave up. I can't move my hands/wrist in the right direction to braid!!!! :wallbash: PM please!!!

OT, but I always thought braces were the cutest things. All my friends had them and got to put different colors on them every time they went to the dentist and I was mad that my teeth were already straight.

Posted again for emphasis. It kills me when they ask me how I get my hair like this. Um, I grow it.

I just say "magic" and do a fancy gesture with my hands. Never fails to make people re-check their silly questions.