my very FIRST CROCHET BRAIDS!

coolsista-paris

yeahhhh i had to post this to say how i felt and feel.
i have never done my hair alone with extensions(box braids, never) so this was a first time!
i took way more time than i should have normally. i looked for a latch hook everywhere, all over a certain area of paris and nothing!!!i i had already undone and washed my hair so i HAD to start the crochet brainds!

this is the only crochet i found :

NEVER AGAIN!!! i struggled really! the hair kept coming off the crochet (as there is no hook) i like,almost wanted to cry of anger!

Result:

closer look:

I left a bit of the front part to make it look like cornrows and also not to break my front hair! and inthe middle line of the head instead of doing knots i platted the extensions in order not to see the knots.

im so happy i made it!!!

Last edited:
You needed the latch hook. I am not sure why they are called crochet braids because it is a latch hook that is used.

See below.

latch-hook.jpg

That has to be just awful. I wished you would have said something before hand we could have warned you not to use the crochet hook.

The style looks really nice though. :yep:

Last edited:
Ooooooohh very nice!!!
I was thinking of doing braids at the top too
I like the way you left the cornrows exposed a little it keeps the hair out of you face

I like it. You Know they say no pain .......no gain. Hopefully you'll walk in a store and a ltch hook will call out to you. Your next install will probably be a breeze.

thank you so much for your messages! even today i fell like shouting out " IM DONE"!!!
i thought it would be easy even if there was no latch hook! well i'll know for the next time. it really got me so upset that i said to myslef "never ever doing crochet braids again"!
well finally im liking it. my collegues where trying to understand if it was a weave,or tree braids.lol .

for info Fadaka and whoever wants to know ,this is the hair i used:

this is how it looks in the packet :http://public.fotki.com/coolsista/january-to-march-2010/n0500.html

Looks Nice! I'm going to do mine myself this week. I'm doing kinky twists on my daughter right now (I'll post pics when I'm done), just taking a break checking out LHCF.

Looks Nice! I'm going to do mine myself this week. I'm doing kinky twists on my daughter right now (I'll post pics when I'm done), just taking a break checking out LHCF.

all right post some pics when your done. i was gonna say "your still doing hair at this time" but in paris its coming to 11 pm ! im the one who should be in bed!

Great job, they look nice. And thank you for posting this..I have the crochet needles you used and was thinking, I can do crochet braids with these, what's the difference? You saved me some aggravation, I will look for the latch hook.

Great job, they look nice. And thank you for posting this..I have the crochet needles you used and was thinking, I can do crochet braids with these, what's the difference? You saved me some aggravation, I will look for the latch hook.

well happy i saved you from the nightmare i went through

DONT USE THE ONE I USED !! look for that latch! be patient till you find it!

I just went out and bought a latch hook today.

Now I have to find someone to cornrow my hair cause I can't worth a dern.

Yours looks very nice.

I just went out and bought a latch hook today.

Now I have to find someone to cornrow my hair cause I can't worth a dern.

Yours looks very nice.

its also the first time i cornrowed my hair alone. :) averything was the first time! im bad at doing stuff myself. maybe you'll manage to do it well.besindes who cares if there not so pretty ,its gonna be under!

if i shiw you mine under,you might scream!lol they arent so neat. but i dont care it for me,its hidden ;-)

CoolSista-Paris:
I had to finish reading your post just so that I could again tell you how beautiful this style looks on you. Knowing the challenges you faced and it still came out looking that great is so inspiring. BTW - I love your picture with the puffs (not sure what its called avi or something) anyway ... fabulous!

QUOTE: yeahhhh i had to post this to say how i felt and feel.
i have never done my hair alone with extensions(box braids, never) so this was a first time! i took way more time than i should have normally. i looked for a latch hook everywhere, all over a certain area of paris and nothing!!!i i had already undone and washed my hair

Back