My yarn kinky twist

Halimah

Hi ladies
I have a new protective style its "yarn" kinky twist plz come take a look in my fotki I will leave it unblock for today.

See ya

Ivonnovi

Ummmm, it's still locked. I tried yarn twists a few years ago, but when I got into the sun, the Brown yarn looked "unnaturally reddish". BUT it could have been the quality of the K-Mart yarn I used.

quote=Halimah;4547665]Hi ladies
I have a new protective style its "yarn" kinky twist plz come take a look in my fotki I will leave it unblock for today.

See ya[/quote]

Angelicus

The hair color of the yarn is pretty. I like this style. How long are you going to keep them in?

Tamrin

unapologetic
They are beautiful and I love the color and thickness. I have on concern being its yarn. Do you have a moisture concern being that yarn (in my opinion) is like cotton). How do u keep ur hair moisturized without the wetness? I would love to do these but dry hair scares me. Let me know how it goes. I may jump on the wagon.

Halimah

I'll let you know about the moisture process Im just testing it out right now but I spray a leave-in condt in 2x a day if anyone have any reccomendations plz let me know. And I will probaly keep them in for almost 2mons or less.

TIA

Forever in Bloom

They are beautiful and I love the color and thickness. I have on concern being its yarn. Do you have a moisture concern being that yarn (in my opinion) is like cotton). How do u keep ur hair moisturized without the wetness? I would love to do these but dry hair scares me. Let me know how it goes. I may jump on the wagon.

I will be getting some yarn braids next month. You have to purchase the right type of yarn, not wool or cotton - 100% acrylic is recommended.

It's okay to still spritz the yarn - it is a fabric and machine washable; therefore, it can get wet. Roshini.net recommended using fabric softer to spritz on the length of the hair focusing on the ends of the yarn. That a bit risky for me, so I plan to use a little Oyin Juices & Berries twice a day, but not too much since it contains glycerin and this can lead to buildup on my scalp.

Thankfully, there are several natural salons here in Memphis and I found someone who knows what they're doing. I'm too lazy to do my own...

lilsparkle825

this is great. also Honesty has a great tutorial on her fotki...it inspired me to buy the yarn i will be using on my little sister's yarn twists tomorrow.

mahoganee

Your twists look great! I put yarn twists in my hair last summer and just sprayed them with a leave in conditioner twice a day and my hair wasn't dry at all when I took them out. I too want to know how you got the curls on the end.

pattycake0701

I love it! This is the first time I've seen yarn twists that aren't black. I've been wanting yarn twists for a while now but I cannot find yarn to match my hair color (I have sandy-orange color in the front and dark brown in the back...all natural:look:). What brand and color is the yarn you used for your twists