Name Your Fav Dominican Salons In Brooklyn NY

Hey Ladies:)
I'm Taking A Trip To Brooklyn In A Few Weeks And Was Looking To Find A Dominican Salon To Get A Rollerset.When I'm In Town I Usually Go To The Dominican Hair Team On Nostrand Ave,But Was Looking To Maybe Try Someplace In That Area.Any Suggestions Ladies?

TIA:)
Atrinibeauty

I LOVE Sister's Unisex. I've been going there for six years now, and they are fabulous!!!!!!

The products they use are fabulous.... all avocado, olive oil, and/or garlic based........... they are very gentle with your hair, when combing to rollerset, so hair in the comb is minimal.......... You are in and out within 1-2 hours (depending on how long your hair takes to dry), it costs $15, and you will leave with your hair silky and bouncy!!!!

They are located on the corner of Willoughby and Lawrence St in downtown Brooklyn. Business got so good that they opened up a second salon, also on Lawrence St. It is a tad smaller.... and I would recommend going to the larger, original salon, since this will be your first time.

To get there....... you can take the Q or B to DeKalb avenue.... or the A, C, E to Jay Street............ or the R train to Lawrence St. I think you can also take the 1 or 2 to Nevins Street.... but that'll give you an extra few blocks to walk.........

Great info! Is this salon a walk-in, or do I have to make an appt.? :)

KiniKakes said:
I LOVE Sister's Unisex. I've been going there for six years now, and they are fabulous!!!!!!

The products they use are fabulous.... all avocado, olive oil, and/or garlic based........... they are very gentle with your hair, when combing to rollerset, so hair in the comb is minimal.......... You are in and out within 1-2 hours (depending on how long your hair takes to dry), it costs $15, and you will leave with your hair silky and bouncy!!!!

They are located on the corner of Willoughby and Lawrence St in downtown Brooklyn. Business got so good that they opened up a second salon, also on Lawrence St. It is a tad smaller.... and I would recommend going to the larger, original salon, since this will be your first time.

To get there....... you can take the Q or B to DeKalb avenue.... or the A, C, E to Jay Street............ or the R train to Lawrence St. I think you can also take the 1 or 2 to Nevins Street.... but that'll give you an extra few blocks to walk.........

I GO TO SISTER'S ALSO BUT I WOULD NEVER DO A RELAXER THERE AGAIN. THE LAST TIME ONE OF THE STYLIST'S THERE USED A BLOW DRYER WHILE APPLYING MY RELAXER BECAUSE SHE SAID IT WAS TOO THICK.:mad: THE HEAT ONLY ACTIVATED THE RELAXER MORE, OVERPROCESSING MY HAIR

MIND YOU MY HAIR IS VERY FRAGILE AND WEAK AS IT IS. I TALKED TO THE GUY WHO IS THE MANAGER AND COMPLAINED AND HE COSIGNED TO THE STYLIST USING THE BLOWDRYER TO THIN OUT THE RELAXER. NEVER AGAIN.

WASHES ONLY.

Dito! I go there too.

KiniKakes said:

You can try lopez on troy avenue right off eastern parkway they have two locations i think the other is on rockaway parkway. There use alot of high end products and it is 15 for a wash and set.

buttafly said:
I like Maribel's on Flatbush and Stephens, and Progresso on Church and Westminster.

I love Progresso also, I think they do a good job and its never toooooo busy

toya81 said:
You can try lopez on troy avenue right off eastern parkway they have two locations i think the other is on rockaway parkway. There use alot of high end products and it is 15 for a wash and set.

My sisters live in Brooklyn and this is where they go. My little sister goes there to get her hair blow dried.

Back