National Weave Day?!?!

Miss OhLaLa

So Wendy Williams just brought up Tyra's real hair as a hot topic and a guest commented that we need a National Weave Day because some girls 'need' a weave and that weaves can be very expensive so we should celebrate it. I will note that her weave looked really nice.

But... :look:

And now a guy just stood up saying Tyra should keep it out but that girls should have more than one national real hair day, but not every day. :ohwell:

What do you ladies think?

beans4reezy

I am not too sure that I personally like the idea of a day dedicated to weaves. I think there may be a danger there to connect the day specifically to Black Women.

I would be more apt to support a national wear your hair out day (weave free). To celebrate real hair and the beautiful lengths and textures we can successfully maintain with healthy hair care practices.

As long as Wendy has been wearing weaves and wigs, her hair can use a breather.

Tarae

I saw it this morning. Wendy and that woman (who said her Indian hair smelled like curry and soap :look: goodness, she was annoying) made it seem like wearing your own hair is the most difficult thing they've ever encountered.

If Trey wasn't on there :lick:, I would've turned it off. There doesn't need to be a day for hair. Wear what you want. No need for a big production.