Ok it's 1am so umm yeah this is my idea

Whenever I wear my afro BIG I feel so empowered and strong,
So what if we took over July 4th and made it National Afro day

and we go to all the cookouts, firework display, and family events
with our fros big and beautiful:lachen::lachen::lachen:

All the DC MD VA ladies we can March on Washington :lachen::lachen:

Ok maybe I need to go to bed
but I will be dreaming about NATIONAL AFRO DAY

Relaxed ladies don't feel left out Ya'll can do braid outs make it big too!!!!!!!

Last edited:

NaturallyMo

I'm in! I should be at BAA status by then. Hmm, I wonder if I can challenge myself to not fully wear my fro out until then so it'll be a major suprise when I unleash it.

Shananyganz

I want in too!!! That will be just after my year mark...so I'll have my hair out of protective styles around that time (for a bit...or something like that). Either way..I'm in. When it comes time...will there be another thread in which we can post (or maybe this will still be going) our 4th 'fro's?? Ya'll know we gonna need pictures...LOL

carib_n_curly

love the idea. you can make a facebook group to spread the word:grin:

i remember in school for charity me and my friends came up with an idea to wear your hair different for that day. we were 14 ish
i few girls wore a fro and one girl sprayed her fro red. it was nice letting my hair do what it wants

LadyPBC

Count me in - I'll probably need a reminder though! I have not worn a fro since going natural so it will be very interesting. OMGoodness - July 4th is on a Sunday this year so I'll have to wear my afro to church (no biggie)!

DarkVictory

Love, love, love this idea! 'Fros for the Fourth!

Hair exploding out like dandelions! Relaxed ladies join in, too - express your inner Afro. Let (hair) freedom ring!

BlkOnyx488

Can I just say I love you ladies

This is going to be BIG!!!

We need a logo, You have to post pics of where you were when you got the fro.

oooh t-shirts would be cool. If I made a design we ALL Agree on I could post it on a website and you can get it and have it iron-on a T shirt of your choice
how about that?

anyone want to be my AFRO siloette (sp) model???

Last edited:

SignatureBeauty

I am so in, my Family Reunion is always on July 4th, it won't be a huge fro, but I will wear my Twa with PRIDE, T-shirts would be very Nice, I plan to get braids at the end of July anyway!! VERY GOOD IDEA!!

BlkOnyx488

Mine will start off nice and big, but I will have TWA by the end of the day
gotta luv shrinkage
Make sure to get pics
I am so in, my Family Reunion is always on July 4th, it won't be a huge fro, but I will wear my Twa with PRIDE, T-shirts would be very Nice, I plan to get braids at the end of July anyway!! VERY GOOD IDEA!!

Platinum

Great idea! I love it! I'm almost 11 months post now but I don't plan to BC anytime soon. I'll probably do a rollerset on small rollers and that should give me a nice 'fro.:afro:

naturalepiphany

I'm game, but someone will definitely have to remind me. The other day I wore a puff that was so huge I couldn't believe it was my hair. It really looked like a piece. So many people were looking at my puff I couldn't only imagine how they would look at my fro

TrendySocialite

I'm in!!!!!!!!!!!!! That will be just after my nappiversary and my hair reveal. It should be HUGE by then...at least that's my plan.