Natural Hair - HERE I COME

ChocolateCutee

I agree with Afashionslave, just treat it right and you and your hair will be happy. What I noticed in the early days of being natural is that I shouldn't force my hair to do something that it didn't want to do. Once i stopped it was happy, In away it the same when you got the terrible itches, you 4 got about it and they went away. I 4 got bout trying to make my hair curl and stay flat ans now its much happier doing its onwn thang.

I tell ya, ma hair has a mind of its own

[ QUOTE ]
GodMadeMePretty said:
CC,

It wasn't a bad perm at all. I went on a hunt to learn to care for my daughter's hair (she's almost 5) because I was getting frustrated with it. It wouldn't do what I wanted, it was crispy. I could never do anything right. I got on the internet and learned how to take care of her hair. And I started typing in natural relaxers in the search engine to try to help me not put chemicals in her hair but to just give me some relief. Then I found out about the pH level of perms and at that point I decided that I would wait at least 6 months between retouches. Then I got used to dealing with the textures and I was having a good time with my daughter's hair for once so I thought that it was time to once again go natural.

But back in January, I bought the Fiberguard stuff from sheldeez to be ready for me. It's been sitting underneath my bathroom cabinet since then. Every time I would think that I was going to give myself a relaxer that weekend, by Wednesday, my scalp would be itching uncontrollably. Only a good scratching would help. So that would push me back to the next week. That happened for 3-4 weeks. The moment I stopped thinking about putting in the relaxer, the itching stopped.

[/ QUOTE ]