Natural hair product lines - which is best?

Which natural hair care line do you think is best?

• Shescentit

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • Hydratherma naturals

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Jane Carter Solutions

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • Carol's Daughter

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • Karen's Body Beautiful

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Other

Votes: 22 51.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cairopiper

Hi ladies,

I've been thinking about using more natural products on my hair recently. I've been relaxed most of my life but had my first texturiser in May and have been stretching ever since. I plan to stretch till I have another texturiser done in December.

Which natural product line do you think is the best, especially for texlaxed hair and particularly for air-drying (which I've been doing since August).

I only know a few lines so I'm sure there's probably a lot I've missed.

TIA
Cairo
x

Dommo

Qhemet Biologics hands down. Next, i would go with KBB (love the hair mask and the hair milk is nice too).

I didn't like shescentit, carol's daughter or jane carter.

Lita

Form the products on your list- Karens Body Beautiful....

Njoi Creations-Looove it

Qhemet -Very good

Afroveda-Good

Nu Nu Love Hand Made Products-Love it

Christine Gant-Love it

Komaza-Love it

Happy Hair Growing!

Last edited:

Curlyt78

Kinky Curly Curling Custard is wonderful! It's thick at first, but it locks in moisture and it actually dries faster than any other product that I've used.
But that $3 Herbal Essence Hello Hydration is kicking but right now on my curls :) On top of the price, the conditioner will hold your hair even on a rainy day with no frizz.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I really love Afroveda products. Her Holy Basil conditioner is a great leave in and she makes some of the best butter. Plus, its affordable

chebaby

i say karens body beautiful. i love everything from the hair milk, hair nectar, hair cream, hair butter and deep conditioner. everything is amazing. i like other lines but this id the best.

chebaby

for the other lines i love love love, oyin would come in second. i am so in love with the honey hemp conditioner, j&b and the burnt sugar pomade and whipped pudding.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I've Been Enjoying the Following: (In No Particular Order):look:

Anita Grant
Afroveda
Hairveda
Qhemet
SheScentIt
Jane Carter

I have Totally Enjoyed Products from Each of these.:grin:

chebaby

oh i forgot about afroveda. i freakin love that line. i love all her butters and her ashlii conditioner. amazing.

mstar

Luxury bacon
I think KOMAZA is best, hands down. I could see myself using their line almost exclusively, and here's why:

--Large selection of products!
--They offer samples of almost everything
--Their prices are reasonable
--They have complete lines for different hair types
--Permanent discount for LHCF members
--Same-day shipping
--Their products perform the best for my Type 4 hair
--Plus, their customer service is ALWAYS on point, whereas many other natural brands are lacking.

Afroveda is my second favorite. Great products, good service.

Hairveda and Shescentit use harsh parabens (Shescentit also uses cones), so I would consider them semi-natural lines. Hydrotherma Naturals uses both SLS and cones, so I can't use all of their products. Qhemet and Oyin's lines are too limited for me to call them my favorite. Komaza has it all.

bablou00

Ok this is the post Ive been looking for. Im looking to add to my stash but not for sure where I want to order. Im thinking hairveda, qhemet, or back to Oyin. I cant make up my mind. I lub me some Oyin and qhemets as far as natural lines havent branched out since Ive been on a natural kick

sonialena

I like Blended Beauty, especially their Happy Nappy Styles cream, and also Kinky-Curly Curling Custard. Carol's Daughter has some nice products - the hair milk and the black vanilla shampoo and deep conditioner have been in the mix lately.

msa

Oyin is by far my favorite. I haven't tried anyone else aside from Aubrey Organics (which I also love).

But Oyin is great. The Honey Hemp conditioner is great for cowash, detangling :yep:, dc (with some additions), and a leave in and it comes in 32oz bottles now. Oh and it smells great.

The Juices & Berries leave in is great for the hair and scalp. The Whipped Pudding is an amazing follow up and it helps to lock in moisture. The Honey Wash is a great body wash and shampoo (can be a little drying but it works well). The only annoying thing about them is their shipping but if you order from curl mart instead it's much much faster. Basically, I love Oyin :yep:.

BronxMyth

Well, Carol's Daughter has overall bad reviews here; I wouldn't suggest it. Had bad experiences with CD. I like Jane Carter's line and Giovanni.

cairopiper

Wow ladies, thanks so much for all your responses. I had no idea there were so many more natural product lines out there!!

So, from the ones listed which line do you think performs best with relaxed/texturised hair?

I think I'm gonna have to figure out where to get me some Qhemet stuff if it works on relaxed/textured hair too. I hope they have some good leave ins for airdrying as I really need that in my product arsenal right now.

Thanks again SO much, I really appreciate it :)

Cairo
x

beans4reezy

The only annoying thing about them is their shipping but if you order from curl mart instead it's much much faster. Basically, I love Oyin :yep:.

Thanks for the tip! I ordered from them like, two and a half weeks ago and still have yet to receive a shipping notification....I'm off to the Curl Mart website :cowgirl:

ETA: They are oos on the Juices and Berries/Greg Juice

Last edited:

Tene

Shescentit, Darcy's Botanicals, Kinky-Curly, Blended Beauty, and Donna Marie are some good lines.