Natural Hair that Moves/Bounces..You Got it?

Smiley79

If so what's your secret? :detective:

I love this girls YT channel; I was originally watching it for her twist out tutorial but eventually I got to noticing WOW, this girls hair has some gorgeous bounce to it! While I'm working real hard not develop hair envy :lol: I really admire the movement of her natural hair and I do hope that mines bounces like that one day as it grows out. :yep: I love hair that has life to it!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS3YH3QfYUA

Smiley79

I forgot to add that I must admit since using Henna my hair does move a little bit more...I stress a little bit. :)

Dayjoy

Old School Member
I just came on to say that you've GOT to watch her new puff video. If you loved her before...

But, yes, my hair moves about half the time. It has more movement when lightly blow dried. :ohwell:

Joigirl

I think it depends on your length and whether your hair is properly moisturized without a lot of buildup. I found that my hair is more bouncy as it grows in length. Stretching helps too.

MsKinkycurl

It also depends on the thickness of your individual hair strands. I have fine strands so as long are I don't use alot of heavy product like shea butter my hair always has movement.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using LHCF

danniegirl

what r you using on your hair

the only time my hair is stiff and or hard is when it is wayyy to dry

other then that my new bestest friends in the whole wide world are

water then giovanni direct leave in, then my personal holly grail alba un-petroleum jelly

my hair has not seen a dry day on purpose since i started sealing with the un petroleum jelly and when my hair is out it has bounce and is fluffy

PatTodd

I have super duper curly 3c/4a hair and I recently had my hair cut into a short-to-medium length tapered style at the Devachan Salon in NYC. I mention the salon because they have their own line of products, Deva Curl, and usually I am very reluctant to buy a product "line". But honey, I cowash with their no-poo (or anything) and style with their Heaven in Hair and One Condition, and seal and smooth with good old fashioned hair grease on wet hair, and I have juicy bouncy defined ringlets moving and blowing in the wind I tell ya that Devacurl is the TRUTH!

DoDo

Big Hair, Don't Care
A wet set twist/braid out on previously stretched hair does that for me. It is wet-set because I use a water spritz before the leave in and styling butter. So much bounce and blowing in the wind! This started happening for me at about armpit length.

Last edited:

Aviah

It moves but doesn't really bounce. I find when it's not a victim of product buildup it's great. I use Cantu leave in for my braidouts and twistouts, or You Be Natural Smoothing and Defrizzing Creme for flat iron jobs. That cream gives me movement like a Pantene hair commercial, I kid you not!

As its gotten longer that helps with movement too.

Smiley79

Even with short hair naturals (type 4s in particular) I see these natural hair videos on YT where they'll do a wash and go's on a TWA and then they'll shake their hair after applying gel and it just whips back and forth. Mine has never done that, lol, I'm like Heyyy, I want my hair that whip about like that! Lol! I'm adding that to my short list of hair goals. :)

bronzephoenix

Using products that aren't too heavy or greasy.

Stretched styles or defining curls in small sections for wash & go's.

As hair gets longer, it'll move regardless.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF