Natural Product Users!

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
Calling all those whose product range is 70% Natural or more, I have some questions for you.

What are your products?
How have they worked for you?
Are you happy about your choice to use natural products?
Will you stick with it?
What products do you use that aren't natural?

TIA :D

Poranges

Positive Vibrations
What are your products?
-Hairveda Whipped Cream/Ends Hydration
-Shescentit Seyani Hair Butter
-Beemine Strawberry-Kiwi Sulfur Scalp Serum
-Chagrin Valley Nettle Shampoo Bar
-Shescentit Tea Tree Deep Cleansing Shampoo
-Hairveda Moist 24/7 Conditioner
-Shescentit Supersoft Honey Conditioning Rinse
-Shescentit Banana Brulee Deep Conditioner
-Shescentit Fortifying Masque Deep Conditioner
-Hairveda Strihnillah Deep Conditioning Masque

Absolutely great!

Elated

Will you stick with it?
I'm 98% sure

NTM Silk Touch
Relaxer
Aphogee 2 min keratin
Rusk Leave In

Charz

Sinister Minister
Girl......I only use natural products, Aubrey Organics, Hairveda, Shescentit, Curls, Oyin QHEMET, Afroveda.

I love
Shescentit Conditioners Banana Brulee, Grapefruit and Tea tree.
Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner and GPB
Curls Curl Conditioners Curl Ecstasy, Coconut Sublime
Qhemet's Moisturizers, OHHB, CTDG, AOHC.
Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade, Juices and Berries, Honey Hemp (I am on the fence about this one)
Hairveda's Vatika Frosting
Afroveda Conditioner Ashlli Amala (Love this stuff)
HENNA

Natural is the way to go. I know that natural products are much more expensive, but the way I see it is that all of the potential health problems/costs I could face in the future due to chemical/harmful/unnatural ingredients will cost more in the long run.

Some of the natural products I use aren't 100% natural but they are pretty darn close.
Hairveda's Moist 24/7 and Qhemet's CTDG have some unnatural ingredients

Ill do the natural gig till the day I die!

Last edited:

LatterGlory

The Oyin Honey Hemp and Juices and Berries combination works.

With these products my second day curls look better than first day wash and go ( say what !).

This has NEVER happened to me before and not only that they are well moisturized.

Works for me so this will be my go to for curly days.

So I am pretty much done with my product search.

Taiykel Afro Detangler is my staple leave-in conditioner

Taiykel flat iron cream for roller sets and straighter days

AO line of Shampoos & Conditioners

KBB Hair Oils and Butters ( will probably try her conditioner and shower gel one day )

Oyin Honey Hemp Conditioner and Juices and Berries for curly wash and go days.

Baking Soda + Shampoo to clarify

I guess AO GPB conditioner once a month to maintain protein moisture balance.

Thank you JESUS!

I don't use unnatural products... looking into making my own 100% natural products ( as long as they smell great and work well ):grin:

msa

What are your products?
Products I have used or are using now:
-Oyin Honey Hemp
-Oyin Juices & Berries
-Oyin Whipped Pudding
-Oyin Honey Wash
-Aubrey Organics GPB
-Aubrey Organics White Camellia
-Bentonite Clay
-Baking soda
-coconut milk
-castor, olive, and coconut oils
-honey
I know there are others but I'm drawing a blank right now.

They have worked great for me. My favorite conditioners are Aubrey Organics. They are serious! Love those. Oyin is great, I just hate to order stuff. But I love the Juices & Berries, especially for my scalp.

:yep::yep::yep::yep:
Will you stick with it?
:yep::yep::yep::yep:
None. Well aside from weaves/wigs.

darlingdiva

What are your products?

1. AO GPB
2. Jane Carter Solution Hair Nourishing Cream
3. Karen's Body Beautiful Deep Conditioner
4. Karen's Body Beautiful Hair Oil
5. Honey
6. Coconut Oil
7. ACV
8. Earthly Delight Herbal Shampoo
9. Jane Carter Solution Revitalizing Leave-In

Great!

Are you happy about your choice to use natural products? I am, but I also focus on what does & doesn't work for my hair. There are several non-natural ingredients that work well in my hair.

Will you stick with it?
As long as it continues to work for my hair, absolutely!

Aphogee 2-min
Fantasia IC Tea Tree Shampoo
V05 Kiwi Lime Squeeze Clarifying Shampoo

Vonnieluvs08

What are your products?
Shescentit- Banana Burlee, Grapefruit and Tea Tree, Fortifying Mask, Super Soft Honey Condish, Avocado Condish, Jojoba Hair Milk (going to get the butters after the summer)
Hairveda- SitiNillah Deep condish (wanna try the vakita frosting)
Karens Body Beautiful- Hair Milks, Hair Nectars, Deep Condish
Qhemet Biologics- Burdock Heavy Cream
Yes to carrots Condish
Kinky Curly- Knot Today, Curling Custard, Come Clean Poo
Aubrey Organics- HSR, GPB
Dr. Bonners Castile soap
Host of oils, aloe vera, rosewater, veggie glycerin
How have they worked for you? They have all worked well. I'm not a fan of the Heavy Cream but it may work better in the winter for bunning.
Are you happy about your choice to use natural products? Yes, definitely. I just budget for them knowing I'm paying a lil more than store bought items.
Will you stick with it? Yes I plan to stick with it. I know if I want to stay with my new healthy lifestyle this is part of it. I like the quality of the products so I will continue to use them and try out other natural products as well.
What products do you use that aren't natural? V05, Aussie Moist, Mane N Tail. My cheapie conditioners are my one vice since I cowash nearly daily right now and in the fall/winter it will be 2x/wk and I use a lot each time so they help with cost.

Last edited:
Thank you OP for starting this topic! I'm trying to use more natural products and it's helpful to see what other are using who are doing the same

varaneka

anything by Brendita's Body Works, but especially her coconut deep conditioner, green tea shampoo, elbows and knees cream, foot balm, aloe-based hand moisturizer, papaya enzyme facial toner.

the list goes on. I'm hooked!

www.brenditasbodyworks.com

mscocoface

Just thinking out loud here

What are your products?
Oils and Butters
Hairveda
Ayurvedic powders, oils and Indigo
ACV
Coconut cream
Baking Soda
Clays like Bentonite
Cherry Lola ingredients
Eggs/Mayo
Aloe Vera
Sour Cream
Honey
Getting ready to experiement Bananas and Avocados

Great have been using most of these for at least 2-4 years

Yes, I like the natural, can mix them up and not worry much about being non compatible

Will you stick with it?
Yep

I guess my cheapie conditioners are not completely natural. As well as some of my deep conditioners.
Aphogee

BrownEyez22

What are your products?
Qhemet Biologics- Olive Heavy Cream & Burdock Root Cream
Shea Butter
AO Honeysuckle Rose Condish
Giovanni Direct Leave In
Giovanni Smooth As Silk POO
Giovanni Smooth As Silk Condish
Giovanni Tea Tree Condish
Shea Butter
Olive Oil
EV Coconut Oil
Castor Oil
Black Castor Oil
Knot Today
DevaOne Condish

Not crazy about the Qhemet Burdock Cream, I like the heavier one better.
I am loving the Knot Today as a leave in, it is making me drop the Giovanni Direct Leave-in. I use Castor everyday love it and EVOO is in all my DC's.

Are you happy about your choice to use natural products? yes

Will you stick with it? Most of these products except the Qhemet, Knot Today & Black Castor Oil I've used since my BC 7/08.

CON Green Label Shampoo, Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Condish, VO5 Condish, Suave Clarifying, Africa's Best Shea Moisturizer, ORS Deep Condish, Aphogee 2 Min & Cantu Shea Butter.

msa

I just wanted to point out that almost every single person has listed Aubrey Organics conditioners.

That's because they are AMAZING. If you haven't tried White Camellia, your hair is seriously missing out.

BrownEyez22

I just wanted to point out that almost every single person has listed Aubrey Organics conditioners.

That's because they are AMAZING. If you haven't tried White Camellia, your hair is seriously missing out.

I had to hunt, but I found this a the vitamin store earlier this week. I can't wait to try it out.

mscocoface

Never tried any Aubrey Organics may have to try at least one. Do you use it for cowashing and as a leave in too?

Ozma

What are your products?
*Hairveda Whipped Gelly, 24/7 Moist Cond, Sitrinilla Mask, Whipped Cream, Shikakai Bars and CoCasta Oil
*Swastik Shikakai bars
*Rhassoul Clay bars
*Henna, Amla Oil, Vatika Oil, powders
*Green tea rinses
*Mayo, eggs, honey, evoo, evco, paprika, cayenne, acv, baking soda
*Aubrey Organics Chamomile and Verbena Cond (just ordered GPB)
*Vegetable glycerin
*Unrefined shea butter

Amazing! My hair is very healthy and shiny.
:yep:
Will you stick with it?
Yes, I plan on staying at least 85% natural.
Silicon Mix, Miss Key 1 en 10, V05 Moisture Milks

Last edited:

msa

Never tried any Aubrey Organics may have to try at least one. Do you use it for cowashing and as a leave in too?

Yes you have to try one. And if you're only going to try one, I say get the White Camellia.

I've used it as a DC, cowash, and leave-in/moisturizer. Love it all ways. Especially because it has a high oil content. I don't need to add any oil with it and my hair stays moisturized for days. I've been wearing two afro puffs for the last 4 days and my hair is still soft (and I've been horrible, didn't wear a bonnet or anything).

I just love it. I love the GPB too.

suburbanbushbabe

Many of my products have mostly natural ingredients but they are chemical too. Not sure where to draw the line

What are your products?
Theraneem maximum strength neem soap with sweet orange and ylang ylang
Theraneem Leaf and Aloe vera gel
Pumpkin seed butter
Hairveda Almond glaze
Curl Junkie Aloe Fix Gel
Kinky Curly Curling custard
Mop Top Daily conditoiner
John Masters Organics Citrus & Neroli conditioner
Giovanni LA Naturals gel
Afroveda curly pudding
Mop Top Leave it In
Qhemet Burdock Root Butter Cream
Afroveda Moringa Leave in
Phyto 7
Karen's Body Beautiful
Castor oil
baobab oil

Extremely well

Will you stick with it? yes

GVP Biolage matrix conditioning balm (co-wash)
EO vanilla citrus conditioner
Devacurl Set it Free
Abba Pure Gentle conditioner

mscocoface

Yes you have to try one. And if you're only going to try one, I say get the White Camellia.

I've used it as a DC, cowash, and leave-in/moisturizer. Love it all ways. Especially because it has a high oil content. I don't need to add any oil with it and my hair stays moisturized for days. I've been wearing two afro puffs for the last 4 days and my hair is still soft (and I've been horrible, didn't wear a bonnet or anything).

I just love it. I love the GPB too.

Okay me and hubbie just went out to pick up groceries and I told him we had to make a stop. Picked up the WC from Mothers Market. Will be trying it this week. Can't wait.

msa

Okay me and hubbie just went out to pick up groceries and I told him we had to make a stop. Picked up the WC from Mothers Market. Will be trying it this week. Can't wait.

Woohoo!!

The first time I used it, I clarified with bentonite before I used the conditioner. My hair was luscious afterward.

PaleoChick

What are your products?
Qhemet Biologics Amla and Olive Heavy Cream (staple)
Qhemet Biologics Olive and Honey Hydrating Balm (staple)
Qhemet Biologics Honeybush Tea Gel (style)
AO Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner (dc)
AO White Camellia Smoothing Conditioner (dc)
Trader Joe's Nourish Conditioner (co-wash)
Dr. Bronner Tea Tree/Peppermint/Lavender Soaps (diluted as a wash-tea tree full strength to clarify + baking soda + ACV)
Silk amino acids
ACV
Baking soda
Eggs
Beer
WATER

Mixing the QB AOHC and QB OHHB works well together, especially (now that I have learned this) with a touch of TJ after co-washing. I add the eggs to any dc that I do, and I rinse with beer and ACV. My hair likes it so far.

Will you stick with it? Yes. I will stick with all these products. I can interchange anything if necessary depending on my stock. This is the easiest regimen I have while using the wigs. In fact, my regimen is not that expensive. My biggest expense is the wig replacement (~$25 every three weeks or so).

I will use VO5 Milks if I run out of TJ Nourish Conditioner. Speaking of which, I need to pick up a few bottles next weekend.

My Regimen:
I wash every two weeks now with Dr. Bronner diluted and I use ACV too.
I then rinse with just water.
I dc for two hours off heat or 30 minutes with heat using the AOWCC/AOHSRC plus egg yolks and a touch of SAA. I rinse out.
Then, I will rebraid my hair using either TJ as a leave in + AO OHHB (summer), or now that it is getting colder TJ leave in + QB AOHC +QH OHHB (mix the two and coat each braid), then wig it up either way and go. I have a self-imposed wig challenge until 5/1/2010.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I've tried a few lines and they are the only way to go for me. I almost never find commercial brands that work nearly as well.

What are your products? Right now I'm trying Afroveda and so far I've tried the Holy Basil leave in, Carrot Seed Shampoo Bar and Totally Twisted Ginger Butter. I've used Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root Conditioner, Honeybush Gel, and Olive and Alma Heavy Cream.

How have they worked for you? I love QB but its gotten much too expensive especially as my hair gets longer so I had to let it go. I've just started using Afroveda this week so I'm going to have to see. I do love the shampoo bar though.

Are you happy about your choice to use natural products? Its the only way I'll go

Will you stick with it? Yup

What products do you use that aren't natural? My deep conditioner is the only non natural product I use but I might be exchanging it for the Afroveda deep conditioner.

isabella09

What are your products?

GodHead Max Moisture & Gro Shampoo
Giovanni Tea Tree Triple Treat Shampoo (clarifying shampoo) –not used yet
Philip B Rejuvenating oil
AO HSR
ACV
Qhemet Biologics’s Olive & Honey Hydrating Balm
Qhemet Biologics’s Burdock Root Butter Cream
Oyin Honey-Hemp Conditioner –not used yet

The one's that I have used are absolutely fantastic and are now my staples

Very much so

Will you stick with it?
Most certainly

Joico K-pak Liquid Reconstructor
OCT

Shay72

Natural, 4A
What are your products?
I could be up in here all day naming products so I will go with product lines:
Hairveda, Afroveda, Qhemet, Oyin Handmade, Njoi Creations, Mill Creek, Giovanni, Karress Krafters, PeaceLove and Sunshine, Komazacare, Jasmine's, Chagrin Valley, TJ's Nourish Spa, aloe vera gelly, honey, ayurvedic powders, various oils, clays, shea butter, acv, saa, wheat protein, coconut milk

They changed the health of my hair

Yes, extremely

Will you stick with it?
Of course :yep:

I don't believe Carol's Daughter's products are fully natural. Also Yes to Carrots Mud Mask, BPT Wheat Conditioning Cream, Roots of Nature Green Tea Shea Butter Deep Conditioning Reconstructor, Nutrine Garlic.

Last edited: