naturals and non-heated straight styles?

naturaline

i was undering how many ways there are to stretch/give a straight style with out using heat?:confused:

i know theres roller setting...

im going to try banding BUT i think im gunna change it abit cus my hairs THICK- i will part my hair into 6 and then wrap silk around each pony (from root till end) ill give my results when i do it early next week.

NOW your ideas (and what ever your tried too) plzzz add pics if you have 'em!:p

mslionheart

naturaline said:
im going to try banding BUT i think im gunna change it abit cus my hairs THICK- i will part my hair into 6 and then wrap silk around each pony (from root till end) ill give my results when i do it early next week.

That is exactly what my mom and aunts would do as a way to stretch out natural hair. It's called "threading" in Ghana . You basically take a piece of thread and wrap the entire section of the hair from the root to the end. The entire section of hair is covered and will have sort of a "mummified" look if that makes sense. After a day or so, you remove the thread and the hair is stretched out.

ajargon02

naturaline said:
i was undering how many ways there are to stretch/give a straight style with out using heat?:confused:

i know theres roller setting...

NOW your ideas (and what ever your tried too) plzzz add pics if you have 'em!:p

sometimes if I dont' use the magnetic rollers, I will do 8-10 dookey braids, or flat twists, or cornrows and let my hair air dry. Mostly I just fro it till it dryes. Then I go through w/ my leave-in spray, and seperate into sections only spraying enough to make it slightly damp. Then I twist. As long as you are twisting on dry hair it will be stretched. If you use a twisting that isn't water based (like oyin's new shea butter/oil stuff) your hair wont' shrink as much w/humidity. Good luck to you :D

naturaline

thanks! both of u!

yeh iv notied my hair stretches nicely with my butter mix(no water) so ill keep doin that for sure.

(bumpin for more ideas)
xx