Naturals, did your texture or regimen change when you colored???

ScandalousBeauty

Yep,

I did it. I colored. And I'm blondish. Slash Copperish. Whatever the color, I love it!! My stylist told me the hair lightener might "slightly straighten" or "loosen" the texture, OR "make it kinkier". Also, she said to condition like crazy, and pay extra close attention to the color.

So, did your texture change? Also, did you change your regimen???

Well, when I went lighter (blond) it did loosen up, but a few months (2-3) later it reverted back, I suspect the protein treatments had something to do with it...

My hair was super dry at first and split like crazy. I had to DC alot. I never plan to use color again.

Lilchocolatema what brand did you use to color your hair? I've been wanting to color for awhile now but I'm nervous about it. I heard it can really dry your hair out.

I've used colouring kits twice a natural. The first time I coloured my hair a reddish-brown, the second time I went jet black. I noticed the 2nd time I coloured that my curls were a bit looser. I didn't change my regimen and I didn't experience any damage because of it.

I always lose my curl when I color. I have to condition my hair a lot. It gets better after a month.

yep the front of my hair (where its been dyed) is abit looser in curl. when it was 1st done i aways used a color conditioner on it but now i jus deep condition reg. and prepoo with oil.

xx

My texture did not change from coloring. I did increase deep conditioning treatments and more conditioner washes after I colored.

Back