NATURALS: How often are you detangling?

remnant

Thanks for all the feedback everyone :kiss:
I seems like most of you are making it to at least a week. I think I might try to go for three days with the last day bunned up, any longer than that and :nono:
With longer hair I would imagine the shed hair problem would be more of an issue. Has anyone noticed that they are having to detangle more often as their hair gets longer??

No because my regimen has not changed (protective style most of the time)!

anon123

Once a week. It's a delicate balance. If I go too long, there's a lot of matting and I'll lose hair detangling. If I do it every day, I'll lose a little hair and it will be easier, but I'll lose more in the long run from losing a little every day combing my hair. I've tried both going longer and more frequently, but once a week is best for me.

Cichelle

Thanks for all the feedback everyone :kiss:
I seems like most of you are making it to at least a week. I think I might try to go for three days with the last day bunned up, any longer than that and :nono:
With longer hair I would imagine the shed hair problem would be more of an issue. Has anyone noticed that they are having to detangle more often as their hair gets longer??

I've always had tangly hair, but for me, as my hair gets longer, being on top of detangling becomes even more of a priority.

I've found that I can push detangling off to every third day. After that...it gets dicey. I went six days recently due to my schedule. :whyme: Detangling after that wasn't fun.

Cichelle

this is me too. lol
i used to go weeks sometimes and i would end up with horrible tangly dreds.....:wallbash:....this is a big part of my hair having thinned out. but now since finding yall i had been doing prepoo's followed by conditioning/detangling. but lately, i have been conditioning detangling every night. just for the last week or two, i dont keep track of everything, i can barely keep track of myself...lol. :spinning:

I used to put off detangling wayyyy too long, too. It started when I was a child and first started taking care (if that's what it can be called) of my own hair and continued on this way for years. After a long stretch of not detangling, I'd put a comb to my hair dry :blush: and practically rip my hair out. I didn't know any better. I'm quite sure that is one reason that my hair was stuck at bsl for years back then...not to mention I relaxed my hair from root to tip four times a year. :nono: Crazy.

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
I detangle every time my hair is wet and has conditioner in it, so its either every day or once a week depending on what I did to my hair