Naturals that use heat to dry

jjjackie

I know that heat can cause damage to hair if too often but are there any naturals that use light heat to dry and stretch their hair without negative side effects?

i have used heat, then went to air drying and now back to heat again. i stopped air drying mostly due to time and although i wear my hair up i like it smooth and i can only get that if i blow dry and flat iron. my hair didnt suffer from using heat to dry. i have been doing it for years. over the weekend i tried doing the silk wrap to my blow dried hair which was a great alternative to flat ironing. it made my hair smooth enough. it was to my liking for just wearing it up.:)
when i blow my hair out i use heat protectants on each section.

Last edited:
yeah. I've been natural for about two years, and I have my hair straightened using a flat iron, never a pressing comb about once every two months for trimming. I also sit beneath a hooded dryer set to warm for 30-60 minutes once a week to set twists for twistouts, or for styles done with curly pudding. I use it more in the winter because I can't go outside with wet hair. Using a flat iron or hooded dryer I have experienced no negative side effects, and the hooded dryer cuts my hair styling time, and eliminates sleeping in wet twists, and overall makes my natural hair tolerable.:)
Good luck with yours!

bLackButtaFly said:
yeah. I've been natural for about two years, and I have my hair straightened using a flat iron, never a pressing comb about once every two months for trimming. I also sit beneath a hooded dryer set to warm for 30-60 minutes once a week to set twists for twistouts, or for styles done with curly pudding. I use it more in the winter because I can't go outside with wet hair. Using a flat iron or hooded dryer I have experienced no negative side effects, and the hooded dryer cuts my hair styling time, and eliminates sleeping in wet twists, and overall makes my natural hair tolerable.:)
Good luck with yours!

Do you think a hooded dryerr is better then a blow dryer. I do not plan to use the blow dryer with any attachments. Just hold the hair taught and put the blow dryer close to it to take the water out. This would also stretch the hair alittle.

i think hooded dryers are better than blow dryers... because it's not direct heat, it's dispersed? something like that... :confused:

I stopped using heat. I was using a diffuser, but it only made my curls dry and frizzy. One time I decided to sit under the hooded dryer, and I actually prefer that to a blow dryer with or without a diffuser.

Back