Naturals Who Blowdry/Flat iron & Technique

naturalpride

Hello Ladies I have been surfing on the forum for a minute now; I recently decide to BC in Nov. 2007. It has been 4 months now and I am considering using heat in about 14 months but, I'm wondering what method of direct heat, blowdrying or flating are you using and what is your technique? When I was relaxed I used Biolange Matrix Sleek Look as a heat protectant and it was very effective, but I do not know how to safely straighten my natural 4a hair texture with minimual damage. Any Suggestions?????????

Last edited:
I'm natural and I try to copy the dominican technique such as blow drying my hair using a medium size round brush. But before I blow dry, I apply Garnier Fructis Leave in conditioner. Now I'm not able to get my hair as straight as the dominicans do, so therefore I flat iron afterwards using a ceramic flat iron. But When I flat iron I use Garnier Fructis anti-frizz serum. My hair comes out so soft and airy.

Hope that helps

If I want to wear my hair straight
I rollerset my hair with the purple rollers with Lacio Lacio
then after my hair is finished drying
I flat iron the roots only
Then wrap my hair and cover with saran wrap,
sit under the dryer for about 10-15 minutes
After i take the wrap down my hair is silky, smooth, and straight
without heat damage :grin:

• Shampoo with natural or organic shampoo
  • Deep condition my hair with heat using natural or organic conditioner
  • Use Ion H20 (it is very expensive, but the best heat protectant I have ever used) and let it sit on my hair for 10 minutes
  • Put Chi Silk Infusion on top of hair
  • Blow dry hair using low - medium heat
  • Add more Chi Silk Infusion
  • Flat iron my hair

This makes my hair super soft, bouncy, and silky. An Asian girl trims my hair, and she always tells me that I have the best/prettiest hair that she has ever seen. She tells me that she wishes she had my hair. I think the Ion H20 is responsible for making my hair like that. When I do my hair without it, I don't get the same results.

Blow dry and flat iron on medium-high heat, about 350 degrees....don't go pass 385 degrees. I blow dry with a comb attachment and then flat iron, but depending on your hair texture/type (4As and Bs) you may need to use a paddle brush or round brush to blow dry your ends. Now my ends are trained, but in the beginning this was a must for me!

I have two methods depending on how much time I have...

method#1
blow dry using the tension method
flat iron (only take iron through each piece ONE time)
method #2
rollerset and sit under dryer (can't believe I JUST learned how to rollerset natural hair!)
blow out or flat iron roots - only if I'm wearing it out

:spinning:

Last edited:
I have two methods depending on how much time I have...

method#1
blow dry using the tension method
flat iron (only take iron through each piece ONE time)
method #2
rollerset and sit under dryer (can't believe I JUST learned how to rollerset natural hair!)
blow out or flat iron roots - only if I'm wearing it out

:spinning:
i cant rollerset my hair to save my life.

my technique: i never blowdried when natural, i'd let my hair airdry in 2-4 big fat braids then i'd maxiglide it bone straight

Back