Naturals with shiny hair?!!

curlilocs

I've been using extra virgin coconut oil and my Smooth and Shine Curl Activator Gel with Aloe. For the last couple of days I have been using MOP leave in with the coconut oil and my hair has been lovely!

ThursdayGirl

I think hair color also had something to do with it. My natural hair color isn't black... its a mix of med brow/dark brown... it never seems to get as shiny as black hair does.

confused_one

I thought my type 4a/b hair would never look shiny/moist/hydrated, until i mixed my IC styling gel with sparkle lites (blue for color treated hair) with IC ICE pomade. I undid some of my twist and re-twisted it with the mixture (on dry hair) and my hair was so shiny/hydrated it looked completely different from the rest of my dry looking hair that i had to redo my entire head. Long session but it was so worth it. I haven't tried it on wet hair or to slick back my hair as yet.

Last edited:

Daisy'sHair

When I wear my hair in a puff I find that using my Proclaim Aloe Styling Gel gives my hair a great shine. It's not drying and it does not have a stiff hard mold, it keeps my smoothed edges in place and the shine is great.

Also when I wash my hair or band it to hair dry, I find that using a boar's bristle brush adds great shine to my hair without using products.