NEED help choosing an interview hairstyle. PLease Help!

Ms Lala

I have my hair in large two strand twists pulled back into a bun. Usually I wear smaller twists that are flat ironed or a blowdryed bun for an interview but I don't have time. Do you think the twists are professional enough or should I wear a fall/quick weave. [/B] If I wear the quick weave I have to wear a headband and I'm not sure how professional that is either. ugh! what to do The interview is tomorrow, I don't have time to redo my hair.

Please see the pic below. Excuse my dry face, I have on no makeup.Please be honest does this look unprofessional?

Last edited:

PatTodd

Before seeing the picture, I would've said definitely wear a bun. When I saw the picture, your open smiling face impressed me the most :) ! The twists look fine and professional enough from the front for me, and if they still look perfectly neat and smooth, I'd say you'll be okay. Good luck on your interview!

so1913

PatTodd said:
Before seeing the picture, I would've said definitely wear a bun. When I saw the picture, your open smiling face impressed me the most :) ! The twists look fine and professional enough from the front for me, and if they still look perfectly neat and smooth, I'd say you'll be okay. Good luck on your interview!

I agree! I think you'll be fine! Good luck!!!

Ms Lala

Thanks you all. I'll wear my twists then. I really did not feel like trying to get that fall over my twists. I hope my interview goes well!!!

Cheleigh

I think you look professional--much better than what I've seen walking in my department for an interview. :perplexed

Good luck!

skoloco

I think it's very professional. Your beautiful smile will not have them concentrating on your hair anyway. Good luck and let us know if you get the job!

Ms Lala

skoloco said:
I think it's very professional. Your beautiful smile will not have them concentrating on your hair anyway. Good luck and let us know if you get the job!

THANKS!!!

quote: I think you look professional--much better than what I've seen walking in my department for an interview

I can only imagine. I have been on other interviews for professional jobs where people showed up in jeans and a tshirt for the interview. I couldn't believe it.

JLove74

yes, ITA with the other ladies. It's a beautiful and professional hairstyle, to me. Good Luck on your interview :)

Keen

Ms Lala said:
I have my hair in large two strand twists pulled back into a bun. Usually I wear smaller twists that are flat ironed or a blowdryed bun for an interview but I don't have time. Do you think the twists are professional enough or should I wear a fall/quick weave. [/b] If I wear the quick weave I have to wear a headband and I'm not sure how professional that is either. ugh! what to do The interview is tomorrow, I don't have time to redo my hair.

Please see the pic below. Excuse my dry face, I have on no makeup.Please be honest does this look unprofessional?
http://images14.fotki.com/v362/free/b1d46/9/997822/4036486/quickhairpic-vi.jpg?1165176862

My I ask what are you interviewing for?

OT: You have no makeup on? Your skin is really smooth and even.

Ms Lala

Keen said:
My I ask what are you interviewing for?

OT: You have no makeup on? Your skin is really smooth and even.

Thanks everyone for your help and for the skin compliments. You all brightened my morning, I think I look jacked up in that pic (lol). My interview is this afternoon. I hope it goes well.

No I only wear makeup on special occasions because it tends to break me out I have sensitive skin. I can't use most moisturizers either, alot of them have vitamin c, ascorbic acid, or alpha hyrdoxy which all break me out. I don't know what in the make up breaks me out. I want to try the Bare Mineral make up to see how that works for me.

LynnieB

not jacked up!!! stop that! i saw that picture yesterday and couldn't respond at the time.

i wish you all the best on that interview today (girl you're gonna do fine)!

:)

Keen

Ms Lala said:
Thanks everyone for your help and for the skin compliments. You all brightened my morning, I think I look jacked up in that pic (lol). My interview is this afternoon. I hope it goes well.

No I only wear makeup on special occasions because it tends to break me out I have sensitive skin. I can't use most moisturizers either, alot of them have vitamin c, ascorbic acid, or alpha hyrdoxy which all break me out. I don't know what in the make up breaks me out. I want to try the Bare Mineral make up to see how that works for me.

Try ordering some samples from everydayminerals.com. they are cheaper and their colors match our skin better. Don't forget to get the finishing powder as part of your sample.

JLove74

Ms Lala said:

Milani minerals has lots of shades for brown women.
http://www.milanminerals.com/

Ms Lala

My interview was horrible and it had nothing to do with my hair. That was just not the place for me. The job was advertised as an HR assistant position and turned out to be a ploy for sales jobs where they want you to drive around do sales. No thanks!!! And the supervisor was rude, I wish I could get my gas money back. ugh!

Thanks for the make up tips, I 'm going to check into them. I need something to cover up a couple of spots and lessen the shine on my face.