Need help finding the right dryer...

Ms.Joi

I broke my hooded dryer last week and I need to get a new one :spinning:. Pibbs is out of the question due to the cost, but I was wondering if a soft bonnet would be good enough.

I usually on deep condition with the dryer and then air dry. I want to start rollersets and spirals. Do you all think that I can acheive the style that I am looking for with using a soft bonnet or should I repurchase a hard top?

Thanks in advance.

ryanshope

Hello Ms. Joi, if you want something that is inexpensive go with the soft bonnet. It works just as well as a hard bonnet, is great for deep conditioning and gives you more flexibility( great for when you are in bed, or napping). I had two hard bonnets, and two roll around(the Conair and one industrial strength) and I just got a soft bonnet for nights when I was too tired to sit under the hard-top for more than an hour...The bonnet allows me way more freedom--but it takes a bit longer to dryer(especially with magnetics)../

Ms.Joi

Hello Ms. Joi, if you want something that is inexpensive go with the soft bonnet. It works just as well as a hard bonnet, is great for deep conditioning and gives you more flexibility( great for when you are in bed, or napping). I had two hard bonnets, and two roll around(the Conair and one industrial strength) and I just got a soft bonnet for nights when I was too tired to sit under the hard-top for more than an hour...The bonnet allows me way more freedom--but it takes a bit longer to dryer(especially with magnetics)../

Thanks for responding sweetness. You let me know exactly what I needed. I haven't started roller sets yet, so I will be okay if it takes a little longer than what everyone else is used to as far as drying time.

I will go with the bonnet. It is really going to save on space too.

Leslie_C

I know dlweis used a soft bonnet dryer...Ive never had one but I wanted one for the reason above bc u could lay down with it etc...I remember she put up a pic of the one she uses..it might be in her album, u could check there. Its probably actually better than a tabletop one because it covers your whole head so Ill bet it dries more evenly. It has the look of a spaceman with a helmet.

Ms.Joi

Lesile,
I will check her out. I think I know which one you are talking about. The gold spaceman :lachen::lachen::lachen:.