Air-dried Rollersets vs Hooded Dryer-dried Rollersets

vtoodler

Do air-dried rollersets look as good as those dried under a hooded dryer, such as the Pibbs dryer?

Do you usually like how air-dried rollersets (such as those dried overnight) turn out?

Your Cheeziness

I've only tried air drying flexirods one time. It came out fine, but it comes out better under the dryer for me. I prefer the smoothest set possible.

rririla

Nope :ohwell:......my air dried rollersets look awful, no matter how tight the roller is or which type I use!!!!

sweetome1

Yeah air dried roller set does nothing for me compared to under the dryer. When I use heat it makes it smooth, silky and less poofy giving me the I just straightened my hair look.

Lissa0821

The only difference I experienced was poofier roots with an air dried rollerset, other than that it looked exactly the same as with a hood dryer. Since I usually flat iron the roots anyway, my hair would look the same in the end.

grownwomanaz

Love and Harmony
I sit under the dryer on cool when I have a clear schedule lol because it takes forever. It pretty much comes out the same for me just slightly more texture. My hair is porous so I try to avoid heat as much as I can, but that's how I stretch my hair before flat ironing. I rarely flat iron though.

danysedai

In my case I can see a clear difference between airdried sets and the ones that fully set under the dryer. Even btwn those and the ones I semi-dry (30-45 minutes) and then airdry because it's too late and I go to sleep. My roots are less puffy when I dry under the dryer, and the length is smoother. When I airdry the texture is kinda crinkly, specially now that I'm textlaxed.