Need Help with Chlorella!!!

MissLeo

Hi ladies,

I started taking chlorella(Chloressence powder) last year for about 4 weeks then I took a break for a few weeks and started taking it again. I began vomiting about 3 hours after taking it. At first I thought it was food poisioning but then it happened again when I took it a week later. This week I tried a new brand that was supposed to just be the CGF extract (Kyoto CGF) and took one pill. However, 3 hours after taking it, it came back up. It turns out that there is also chlorella in this in addition to the CGF. When I intially started taking chlorella I had been taking chlorophyll for about a week prior. I wonder if this helped my body accept the chlorella. I'm thinking about trying that one more time before giving up on this supplement. If you ladies know of anything that might help stop this reaction to chlorella please let me know!

Nasdaq_Diva

Hi ladies,

I started taking chlorella(Chloressence powder) last year for about 4 weeks then I took a break for a few weeks and started taking it again. I began vomiting about 3 hours after taking it. At first I thought it was food poisioning but then it happened again when I took it a week later. This week I tried a new brand that was supposed to just be the CGF extract (Kyoto CGF) and took one pill. However, 3 hours after taking it, it came back up. It turns out that there is also chlorella in this in addition to the CGF. When I intially started taking chlorella I had been taking chlorophyll for about a week prior. I wonder if this helped my body accept the chlorella. I'm thinking about trying that one more time before giving up on this supplement. If you ladies know of anything that might help stop this reaction to chlorella please let me know!

You may just be allergic to it.

How does your body react to the chlorophyll?

MissLeo

You may just be allergic to it.

How does your body react to the chlorophyll?

Allergic? I hope not. Initially I had no reaction at all for the first 4 weeks that I took it. I didn't have a reaction until I took a 2 week break from it. After that I had nausea and vomiting. Can you become allergic to chlorella over time?

Nasdaq_Diva

Some have very strong detox symptoms that pop up after taking the chlorella. It has chelating properties. I'm curious, how many grams or milligrams is in that 1 pill from Kyoto? Make sure that the Kyoto has broken cell walls. That makes it easier for the body to digest it.

Have your eating/drinking habits changed? Sometimes when I take a break from spirulina or chlorella and consume junk it hits my body hard trying to get back into routine of taking it. I get sick. I've never experienced the vomiting that some go through though.

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully I can help u find a resolution.

MissLeo

Some have very strong detox symptoms that pop up after taking the chlorella. It has chelating properties. I'm curious, how many grams or milligrams is in that 1 pill from Kyoto? Make sure that the Kyoto has broken cell walls. That makes it easier for the body to digest it.

Have your eating/drinking habits changed? Sometimes when I take a break from spirulina or chlorella and consume junk it hits my body hard trying to get back into routine of taking it. I get sick. I've never experienced the vomiting that some go through though.

Sorry for all the questions. Hopefully I can help u find a resolution.

NP questions are a good thing :) each pill has about 250mg of chlorella and 250mg of CGF. It says that the walls are broken for digestibility.

I waaaas eating healthier and taking more supplements when I was first taking the chlorella so that could be something.

Ltown

Greyland
OP I got a rash from it and spirulina and although others may say it detox you have to think about our body. For me I'm allergic to grass and my allergist pointed out many plant like items that are grown near or around grass may give off the allergens. IMO just because FDA and medical claim there is no side effects doesn't mean it can't happen they only test these things once and get them approve. I'm sorry just hate to see you suffer, please don't!

MissLeo

Thanks everyone. Maybe I am allergic to it. Perhaps I will just stick with the chlorophyll instead.

MissLeo

Sooooo, I tried taking chlorophyll for 2 weeks before trying a very small amount of chlorella powder again. That first day I didn't notice any nausea so the next day I double the amount from the previous day, still no nausea. So feeling braver, I took a pill that had about 250mg of CGF and 250mg of chlorella (kyoto swanson brand) which previously made me throw up, and still no reaction. :yay: ohhh happy daaaaaay. I figured out how to make my body work with this stuff. I am going to stay with this amount for the next week and then I will increase to two pills a day. I will keep taking the chlorophyll just in case.