need some advice about henna

kennylee2013

Hello: I used permanent hair color ( texture and tones) to color my hair on the 28th June. I want to try henna and indigo for the first time. my question is how soon can i use the henna without damaging my hair and I am looking for a kind of brownish color so 3 parts henna and 1 part indigo should work? TIA

ETA: i bought the ayurnatural beauty brand.

Last edited:

ajargon02

Hello: I used permanent hair color ( texture and tones) to color my hair on the 28th June. I want to try henna and indigo for the first time. my question is how soon can i use the henna without damaging my hair and I am looking for a kind of brownish color so 3 parts henna and 1 part indigo should work? TIA

ETA: i bought the ayurnatural beauty brand.

You might want to do a search b/c ther e's a few henna threads.:) Really if you just colored, you shouldn't henna. If you do, do a patch test with shed hair that you had colored. If you use body art quality henna, that will lessen the chance that you melt your hair from the chemical reaction.

I would not recommend you do this at all. Jmho

westNDNbeauty

OP you can use henna AFTER a chemical process, but henna BEFORE a chemical process is not recommended.

Be sure to use a really moisturizing deep conditioner after the henna treatment.

BostonMaria

You might want to do a search b/c ther e's a few henna threads.:) Really if you just colored, you shouldn't henna. If you do, do a patch test with shed hair that you had colored. If you use body art quality henna, that will lessen the chance that you melt your hair from the chemical reaction.

I would not recommend you do this at all. Jmho

I agree, do a patch test. By the way just so you know henna is permanent and sticks to the bonds of your hair. If you ever try to dye your hair again it won't stick. I henna'd 5 years ago and I can't dye my hair any color except dark brown because any other color will not take. Yep 5 years ago and it's still in my hair.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

LovelyDelight

Hello all! I am wondering, do you need to have a certain hair type for henna to work well with your hair? So far, I've read it makes your hair stronger and loosens curls (which I don't mind at all).

What brands do you suggest?

I want to color my hair a light brown. I have dark brown-ish black hair currently...how do I do it and what color/brand to use?

kennylee2013

Hello all! I am wondering, do you need to have a certain hair type for henna to work well with your hair? So far, I've read it makes your hair stronger and loosens curls (which I don't mind at all).

What brands do you suggest?

I want to color my hair a light brown. I have dark brown-ish black hair currently...how do I do it and what color/brand to use?

LovelyDelight there are a few henna threads that might be able to answer your queston. Check out the thread below. Hope it helps

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=335111&highlight=henna