2007 Carrot Juice Challenge!!!!!Are you convinced of the benefits of carrot juice??!!

Culebra

As an alternative (not sure if you would reap the same benefits as juiced carrots) there is a dried powder form called Carrot Essence by Green Foods. You just mix with water and drink up. I started using it almost a month ago. I haven't been as consistent with my vitamin regimin so I believe the evening of my skin tone is attributed to this. I haven't noticed much in regards to my hair yet.

divinefavor

I'm still going strong. I got lazy and have been drinking the Bolthouse for about a week. I'm going to pick up some carrots today and then go ahead and juice some tomorrow.

I have noticed a difference in my skin, I walk pass the mirror some days and I'm like wow! Also, just yesterday and on Sunday a few people have commented that my hair is getting thicker. I've never had thick hair before in my life.

Radianthealth

divinefavor said:
I'm still going strong. I got lazy and have been drinking the Bolthouse for about a week. I'm going to pick up some carrots today and then go ahead and juice some tomorrow.

I have noticed a difference in my skin, I walk pass the mirror some days and I'm like wow! Also, just yesterday and on Sunday a few people have commented that my hair is getting thicker. I've never had thick hair before in my life.

That is a POWERFUL testimony:eek: :eek: :)

WhipEffectz1

Re: 2007 Carrot Juice Challenge!!!!!Are you convinced of the benefits of carrot juice

trimbride said:
That is a POWERFUL testimony:eek: :eek: :)

I know right???!!!!! Congrats! Persistence eventually pays off!

divinefavor

Thanks you all!!! I'm not sure though if the carrot juice is solely responsible for it though. About a month ago, I took Whip's advice and added B5 and Biotin with my multivitamin. I also added b50 complex as well.

Whatever it is I'm loving the results.

Radianthealth

divinefavor said:
Thanks you all!!! I'm not sure though if the carrot juice is solely responsible for it though. About a month ago, I took Whip's advice and added B5 and Biotin with my multivitamin. I also added b50 complex as well.

Whatever it is I'm loving the results.

I will be doing the same thing :bookworm: :bookworm: :bookworm:

scarcity21

WHIP... is b5 pantothenic acid?
I only drink bolthouse carrot juice bcos i dont have the time to make fresh carrot juice...is this ok ????

divinefavor

scarcity21 said:
I only drink bolthouse carrot juice bcos i dont have the time to make fresh carrot juice...is this ok ????

Yes, b5 is pantothenic acid.

WhipEffectz1

Re: 2007 Carrot Juice Challenge!!!!!Are you convinced of the benefits of carrot juice

scarcity21 said:

Yes, it is! Don't worry, I alternate each week between juicing and Bolthouse. It works for me!

WhipEffectz1

Alli77 said:
Is it too late to join? I need to dust off my juicer and get going!

Its never too late!

Healthb4Length

WhipEffectz1 said:
Its never too late!

Alright Miss WhipEffectz1, I can't wait to get that flawless skin that you have!!! Don't think I haven't noticed! I also recall in your previous threads that you stated that you eat fish (I hope it was you!) and it helped with your growth (Protein Challenge???). I can't wait to see the results/benefits.

Count Me In Whipz! I Hope I Can Find Some Carrot Juice While I'm Here On Vacation In Wisconsin:confused: If Not,I'll Be Back Home In A Few Days So I'll Start Then:D

septemberbaby

I picked up two bottles of Bolthouse carrot juice from Costco yesterday. I never knew carrot juice could help with hair growth/thickness. I used to use this same carrot juice to fast. I never paid attention to my hair because at the time I was wearing a curly weave all of the time. 10 months later, I stopped weaving, got a relaxer and my hair was very thick but I just thought it was from not relaxing and/or manipulating for 10 months.

Much2much41

I'm more than convinced that it works, but I HATE the way carrot juice tastes :barf: !! Does anybody have something that masks the taste of it?

rwanda

I am a believer in the benefits of carrot juice. I once got on a carrot juice regime where I drank like at least 1/4 cup a day sometimes twice a day, and my skin got clearer, my hair got thicker and stronger, as well as benefited from growth. At the time I was growing out a cut and my stylist wanted to know what I was doing to make my hair so thick. I am a living example of its benefits. The only drawback I have is the only brand I can drink is Kagome which I buy from Krogers grocery store. The other brands I have tried and I do not like the taste of them, but Kagome brand is delicious. I think I will start back buying carrot juice again.

Ayeshia

Much2much41 said:
I'm more than convinced that it works, but I HATE the way carrot juice tastes :barf: !! Does anybody have something that masks the taste of it?
bolthouse farms has a passion fruit juice with a carrot juice base to it...dunno if the effects are the same but its still an all natural juice.

divinefavor

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I have been lazy and started drinking the Bolthouse for the past week. I didn't make it to the store the other day to buy carrots to start juicing again. Does anyone know if the store bought juices have the same nutritional benefits as juicing fresh carrots?

locabouthair

i dont want to rain on anyone's parade but i just noticed yesterday that carrot juice has about 7% sodium for an 8 oz size.and it was 100% carrot juice. i was kinda surprised. i want to do this challenge because the juice is good for my skin but im kinda worried about the sodium now.

Ayeshia

7% is nothing....everything has some form of salt in it. i wouldnt worry about it since I only drink 1 cup a day.

Cholet112

Ayeshia said:
7% is nothing....everything has some form of salt in it. i wouldnt worry about it since I only drink 1 cup a day.

ITA! Just make sure you up your water intake if you think it will be a problem.

Whip: I am drinking 8oz of Odwalla Carrot Juice because I cant afford a juicer right now. Is this ok? Will I get the same effect are with juicing?

scarcity21

WhipEffectz1 said:
Yes, it is! Don't worry, I alternate each week between juicing and Bolthouse. It works for me!

Thanks Whip...B5 is included in my B vits

locabouthair

Cholet112 said:
ITA! Just make sure you up your water intake if you think it will be a problem.

Whip: I am drinking 8oz of Odwalla Carrot Juice because I cant afford a juicer right now. Is this ok? Will I get the same effect are with juicing?

thanks yall. i need to drink more water anyway and ill limit my salty foods. the problem is i actually like carrot juice ad i have a bad habit of oding on things especially food.:look:

thats the juice that im drinking until i get a juicer. it's 100% juice so i think you would get the same effect.

guudhair

I'm in...I actually just started drinking carrot juice the other day...does eating carrots count or do we have to juice them for this challenge?

Is there a way for me to save these posts instead of searching for them everytime?

Last edited:

SignatureBeauty

I am sorry ya'll but carrot juice does nothing for me, I guess it works for some but not all! But good luck to the rest of Ya'll that are benefiting from it!