New Carrot Juice Hair Growth Challenge

mytia

SuperWoman!
I'm going to start this today! I've gotten so much great advice from this site I've truly become a huge fan I check the discussions daily, It's a breath a fresh air to find people just as excited about their hair and health as I am!

candibaby

i dont know if it's because i'm 6 weeks post relaxer, or because it's actually working, but comparing my hair today from my hair say.. saturday, it FEELS thicker.

Isis

Great progress Candibaby, NYCchild, Lovely901Lady and ladies, bald spots growing in, skin looking good, getting compliments, hair feeling thicker...
It’s pretty exciting! Tonight when I was detangling and rinsing my hair, I noticed it really felt thicker and heavier than usual. My first thought was that I left my conditioner on for 40 minutes instead of my usual 30, but I’ve done that many times before. I’ll know for sure as the days go by.
The skin on my face started out looking great (from my other routine) on this challenge but I notice each day that my skin all over my body looks better and feels smoother. My legs looked better than usual when I shaved today.

Welcome to the challenge, Mytialpn!

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I just discovered I've been drinking expired carrot juice for a few days now
. I looked and looked for an expiration date before and I couldn't find one. Today when I went into a store at work the guy said he didn't carry it anymore becuase they were too perishable, and he was losing money. He assured me there was an expiration date stamped on there. So I come and check and sure enough it's there. Now I can't get anymore until the weekend. I'm not a happy camper @ the moment. I think I need to look into getting the CJ powder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that happened also Armyqt and I'm glad you found some Odwalla to drink. Carrot juice isn't always rotated like they're supposed to be and it does have a short shelf life. The most I've seen so far had an expiration date 3 weeks into the future (Bolthouse brand) and that's pretty good.

For those drinking the powdered carrot juice, I would love to hear how that's going for you.

Isis

Tiffy - Since one pound of carrots makes six to eight ounces of carrot juice, multiplying that by three would be three pounds of carrots to equal 18 to 24 ounces of juice.

Isis

Oh, I misunderstood your post!

1/4 pound of carrots would make about 2 ounces. I don't know how many baby carrots that is or how many are in a bag. If it's in a one-pound bag, then you can estimate a fourth of that. 1 large carrot or 2 regular sized carrots makes about 2 ounces of juice.

ElizaBlue

Well, I didn't officially join the challenge, but when I couldn't find any of the carrot juices in my area, I went and bought a GE juicer. Now that's a run on sentence. But anyway, I'm going to try it and if I see any significant results I will post. I just didn't want to join and be inconsistent with it. Hope that's okay. Happy juicing.

soulchild

Woo hoo I started the challenge.

I got Odwalla Carrot Juice and also the Carrot-Orange-Apple Juice. I tried the carrot juice it's not that bad. And also, the expiration date on it was like 3 weeks or more away.

Isis

Thats great ElizaBlue - one can only benefit from this challenge! Also, please let us know how the GE juicer is working for you.

Welcome to the challenge ladies!!

Isis

Cassie28 - We are just drinking a minimum of 2 ounces of carrot juice each day, for a month. We're posting any progress we may see every week. The challenge started March 22 but anyone can jump in at anytime. You may want to read through this thread to see what kind of progress we've had already. It's an easy challenge and there can only be benefits from it!

Lovely901Lady

I got the Hamilton Beach juicer from WalMart for about $30 (so I spent the other $30 I had budgeted for the juicer on a blender) and it's been working pretty well. The carrot juice is delicious. I was juicing 1-1 lb bag of carrots with an apple and a stalk of celery until I ran out of apples and decided to use a mango.....yum, yum, yum!!!

I give my daugher about 2 - 4 ounces of the juice and I drink the rest (about 10 ounces). I'm going out today to buy some more veggies and apples and mangoes!!!

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
I think that drinking the carrot juice daily has helped a small bald spot on the top of my head to fill in. I am sooo happy about this since my stylist told me at my last visit, that it was alopecia (sp) and that I would get more spots like this. Well Praise God, she was wrong, and there was something I could do about it... (drinking carrot juice)

I have a touch-up this week. I wonder if she will notice

joyous

Isis, as I begin my third week(week ahead of you guys) I must say the carrot juice is turning out to be a "magic elixir" for me. My skin is incredible, no breakouts, suppleness, glowing and more even toned. In addition my energy is abound. I am now starting to see and feel the results in my hair. Like you my hair feels smoother, it stays well moisturized even though I'm natural I've had to use very little moisturizer on it.What really has me blown away is the strength and the softness of my hair. I can comb through with almost little or no breakage. I've been juicing 4-5 carrots, 2 celery stalks, 2 romaine/or spinach leaves and a handful of parsley, which makes about 6-8 oz. I drink this daily usually after breakfast.

dmoore

Thanks for posting this Isis.
I will join this challenge. This will be the first challenge I have joined. I have not been able to join many challenges b/c I did the Big Chop in December. But I will join this one. I actually bought the JuiceMan juicer from an infomercial a week ago. I take all of my vitamins with juice -- so this is perfect. Thanks for the info. & your hair is beautiful.

Isis

I like the sound of that, "magic elixir". Thank you Joyous and Kiniki2 for your skin and hair updates! It is amazing what carrot juice will do in such a brief period of time, especially when you compare it to taking vitamins. It's very exciting to learn and see exactly how it's effecting our hair growth and condition.

Thank you too Lovely901Lady! That was a great price for the juicer!

Isis

[ QUOTE ]
dmoore said:
Thanks for posting this Isis.
I will join this challenge. This will be the first challenge I have joined. I have not been able to join many challenges b/c I did the Big Chop in December. But I will join this one. I actually bought the JuiceMan juicer from an infomercial a week ago. I take all of my vitamins with juice -- so this is perfect. Thanks for the info. & your hair is beautiful.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thank you for the compliment Dmoore and welcome to the challenge! It's a pretty easy one to do and as I mentioned before , we can only experience beneficial results.

Welcome also Soulchild! It will be fun!

Ayeshia

Im gonna give this a try. Im gonna do V8 juice, Pure Carrot Juice (slightest amounts) make my skin orange. I cant even eat a pack of babay carrots without getting an orange tint.

Isis

Yay! Welcome Ayeshia!
It sounds like you may be getting lots of beta carotene already from another source so carrot juice effects you quickly (although it's still working beneficially). I know spirulina, for example, is high in beta carotene.

Isis

That's great Divine!! I think you'll like this challenge. As I mentioned earlier, I know I'll continue with it after the month is over.

HOTCHOCOLATE

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
[ QUOTE ]
Armyqt said:
I just discovered I've been drinking expired carrot juice for a few days now
. I looked and looked for an expiration date before and I couldn't find one. Today when I went into a store at work the guy said he didn't carry it anymore becuase they were too perishable, and he was losing money. He assured me there was an expiration date stamped on there. So I come and check and sure enough it's there. Now I can't get anymore until the weekend. I'm not a happy camper @ the moment. I think I need to look into getting the CJ powder.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry that happened also Armyqt and I'm glad you found some Odwalla to drink. Carrot juice isn't always rotated like they're supposed to be and it does have a short shelf life. The most I've seen so far had an expiration date 3 weeks into the future (Bolthouse brand) and that's pretty good.

For those drinking the powdered carrot juice, I would love to hear how that's going for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing the Carrot Essence powder and I'm 3 weeks post-retouch, it seems like I have more new growth then usual. I usually ave. 0.5"/month and it feels like I've already reached it.

Lorraine

Isis,
What do you think about eating baby carrots? I picked up several bags and have been eating a bag a day. I just noticed that I've been eating 16oz a day!!!! Oops!

Anyway, it's only been a little less than two weeks and I have seen softness in my hair as well as the thinning ends in the back improved. (I am also 'Surging' though). I already have very clear skin so I have been paying close attention to my hair.

I tried the Carrot/Apple juice as well and loved it but it feels like I'm cheating since it's not 100% carrot juice.

Spagirl

[ QUOTE ]
Isis said:
That's great Divine!! I think you'll like this challenge. As I mentioned earlier, I know I'll continue with it after the month is over.

[/ QUOTE ]

Iris, count me in too! I'll be going out today to pick up some carrots! This is a great challenge. I'm looking forward to the health benefits as well.

<<Also adding Garden of Life "Perfect Food" caplets.>>

Cleo

Isis, I am officially joining the challenge today. I purchased organic Carrot and Orange juice yesterday and will try it tonight. I will probably drink 4-6oz day. Is it ok that I have the mixed juice as oppose to 100% carrot ...if so I can pick some up instead. Thanks

Ipanema

I don't think I'm eating enough carrots because I haven't noticed any difference. Carrots do make me feel full, though, which is a plus.