new chick on the block

MoniLynn

Hello All,

I too am new to LHCF!! There's so much info on the site that I'm somewhat overwelmed!!! Right now my hair is a little below my ears. From looking at different threads I'm trying to obtain a good hair regimen. I've started using Kenra Moist. Poo and Conditioner, Elasta QP Mango Butt. moisturizer/olive oil to seal in..I'm still on the hunt for a good deep conditioner amongst others..My problem is my nape area is quite thin..I also have breakage in crown area(which is growin back!). What can I use to grow those areas..My goal isn't really to obtain length but healthier hair!! Need help A.S.A.P.!!!

MoniLynn

I am relaxed..I try to go 10-12 wks between relaxers. Hair seems really dry as well..I've also been told that I need more protein, but looking at different info on LHCF I'm not sure if it's a lack of moisture

Mai Tai

Miss Nigeria-America
Monica,

You will find ton's of information here, and if you haven't already, I suggest you carefully read over SisterSlick's articles on hair care. I believe it's one of the stickies. It will give you some great insight on things you should be doing for your hair. She has a REALLY good article about how to strike a good moisture-protein balance that helped me a lot.

One thing you must remember is that each person is different so what works for one person will not work for another. You will be tempted to join a lot of the bandwagons on this forum, and that's ok, but what I have learned is that my hair thrives the best when I keep it simple. My hair is thick and strong, but I treat it like the finest silk by using good products, and dedicating time to it.

If you would...could you please post your whole regimen so that others may chime in on what exactly is going on with your hair.

CurlyMoo

Welcome, enjoy and remember to NOT jump on every band wagon. Research, ask questions and wait first but you will have fun here.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Welcome newbie!!! :grin:

I too have a super dry crown. Deep conditioning has helped tremendously. Check out the Delightfully Delicious Deep Conditioning Challenge :)

monieluv

Hello All,

I too am new to LHCF!! There's so much info on the site that I'm somewhat overwelmed!!! Right now my hair is a little below my ears. From looking at different threads I'm trying to obtain a good hair regimen. I've started using Kenra Moist. Poo and Conditioner, Elasta QP Mango Butt. moisturizer/olive oil to seal in..I'm still on the hunt for a good deep conditioner amongst others..My problem is my nape area is quite thin..I also have breakage in crown area(which is growin back!). What can I use to grow those areas..My goal isn't really to obtain length but healthier hair!! Need help A.S.A.P.!!!

WELCOME!!! Have you tried Palmer's Deep Penetrating Conditioner? I mix mine with honey, and it's wonderful. The one product my hair really loves.

Platinum

:welcome4: I noticed that you say you have a problem with your nape. The next time you relax, apply the relaxer to the nape area last. Also, make sure you moisturize it daily with a good water-based moisturizer.

Good luck and happy hair growing.

darlingdiva

Welcome aboard!!!:yep:

The best advice that I can give you is to listen to your hair. I know that that is easier said than done in the beginning b/c everything can be quite confusing. However, your hair will definitely tell you what it needs. In the meantime, check out various fotkis & use the search features to check the different regimens of the ladies on the board.

In terms of the issues w/ your nape, some ladies have achieved success by using Ayurvedic oils.

In regards to a deep conditioner, the Karen's Body Beautiful Deep Conditioner is very good. I use it and I have fine hair. If you have coarse hair & needs something that packs more of a punch, the Luscious Locks Hair Mask (also from Karen's Body Beautiful) is very good.

Happy Hair Growing!

camilla

:welcome4: I noticed that you say you have a problem with your nape. The next time you relax, apply the relaxer to the nape area last. Also, make sure you moisturize it daily with a good water-based moisturizer.

Good luck and happy hair growing.

My words exact i!!! I had the same prob now my nape is shoulder length (sl) i am (apl) arm pit length i relax that part last AND i make sure to give that area special attention It was not getting enough moisture! also do not neglect your edges here a few must reads for newbys read all her articles:grin: limit heat when you do ALWAYS use a heat protectant try roller sets then use the saran wrap method (on you tube) for straight hair. or wet wrap.

click below link then click blue line any more questions pm me
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=38586

:welcome: http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/83046/audrey_sivasothy.html

Last edited:

SEMO

Welcome to the forum!! It's possible that using a sulfur-based hair product will help fill in any thin areas in your hair.

MoniLynn

Thanks Everyone for your feedback!

My regimen was: I washed my hair 1x a wk with Keracare hydr. poo, apply queen helene cholesterol hot oil treat w/ heat(not every wk!!), Keracare leave-in cond., sit under dryer 10 min. then blow dry. Apply Keracare oil moisturizer or BBD keala oil, chi shine infusion thermal polishing spray then flat iron. I only flat iron hair 1x a week. I do wrap hair at night with silk scarf..

Last edited:

DarkandLovely

Welcome!
My nape is also thinner and I've decided to relax it alot less frequently. I actually just texlaxed it after 9mo's and it's much thicker than my previously relaxed ends. My crown was dry, itchy, brittle, and shorter but essential oils helped me to get rid of all of those things...and now my crown is thriving.