New Girl from NY.. Please show love!!

BeatriceFly

hello everyone!! my name is ebony perez and I'm 20 years old. Ive been browsing around LHCF for about three weeks now and I couldn't quite figure out how to register AND subscribe but I'm here now!!! I am desperate need of help.. not too sure what it is right now but I want some length to this hair on my head!! I haven't quite started any new regimen but I do plan on it. I currently have natural either 4a or 4b hair that Ive been straightening with a hot comb for 5 years. Please feel free to check out my pics on fotki and I am just so excited to finally be apart!! WISH ME LUCK!!

MrsQueeny

Welcome Ebony. Girl you are on top of things, you already got a fotki and everything. Have fun, and kick back!!! I was born in NY so you already got points with me. Q

BeatriceFly

aww thanks everyone... i can't tell you how excited i am!!

NewYorkgyrl thanks for the compliment!! But in all honesty, its an illusion. My hair looks pretty healthy but breaks and sheds like I just don't know what. Sometimes I think by the end of the day I'll have bald spots. Any suggestions on shedding AND breaking??? Sometimes I think I should stop pressing it but I am a college student and don't exactly have the time to take care of my hair in its natural state.

KiniKakes

Hiya Eboni. :D *hugs* This is SweetWifey from Fokti, so i already know you, homegirl.

Welcome to the boards. Glad you decided to formally join, and i know this will be a great experience for you. Your hair seems to already be starting from a healthy place, and you are at a nice length, so im sure you'll reach your hair goals in no time flat.

Happy Hair Growing, and i look forwarding to seeing you around the boards. :)

EbonyPerez said:
hello everyone!! my name is ebony perez and I'm 20 years old. Ive been browsing around LHCF for about three weeks now and I couldn't quite figure out how to register AND subscribe but I'm here now!!! I am desperate need of help.. not too sure what it is right now but I want some length to this hair on my head!! I haven't quite started any new regimen but I do plan on it. I currently have natural either 4a or 4b hair that Ive been straightening with a hot comb for 5 years. Please feel free to check out my pics on fotki and I am just so excited to finally be apart!! WISH ME LUCK!!

BeatriceFly

queeny20 said:
Welcome Ebony. Girl you are on top of things, you already got a fotki and everything. Have fun, and kick back!!! I was born in NY so you already got points with me. Q

yes girl, i've been lurking around hair all day long for the last couple of weeks so i've observed quiet a bit... and i see a broke future ahead of me with all the products i plan on buying to start reaching my goals!
glad to see another new yorker
thanks for the welcome!!!

BeatriceFly

KiniKakes said:
Hiya Eboni. :D *hugs* This is SweetWifey from Fokti, so i already know you, homegirl.

Welcome to the boards. Glad you decided to formally join, and i know this will be a great experience for you. Your hair seems to already be starting from a healthy place, and you are at a nice length, so im sure you'll reach your hair goals in no time flat.

Happy Hair Growing, and i look forwarding to seeing you around the boards. :)

hey sweetwifey how are you???!!! I'm glad you remembered me!! yes i woulda been on here much sooner but for some reason i couldn't quite find out how to subscribe so i couldnt do ANYTHING!! thanks for the welcome and the compliments! your hair is gorgeous girl, thats where I'm trying to get!! But I wonder if I can do it AND still hot comb my hair?? I only do it every 3 weeks is that bad?? Maybe I can get away with good daily care you know... I don't know!!! we'll see!!

MrsQueeny

EbonyPerez said:
aww thanks everyone... i can't tell you how excited i am!!

NewYorkgyrl thanks for the compliment!! But in all honesty, its an illusion. My hair looks pretty healthy but breaks and sheds like I just don't know what. Sometimes I think by the end of the day I'll have bald spots. Any suggestions on shedding AND breaking??? Sometimes I think I should stop pressing it but I am a college student and don't exactly have the time to take care of my hair in its natural state.
I never thought I would either but with all the tips and tricks I have learned from the board, I am able to take care of mine and 3 kids (you can see them in my fotki). Why don't you start with a weekend and see how it goes. I think one of the easiest styles will be a curled twistout. First I wash my hair in 4 sections and detangle with gobs of conditioner. Then I twist using the loc creme and roll the ends. I let mine airdry and then sit under a dryer for a few minutes. Then I just unroll and untwist, or leave the twists in and wear a satin scarf. Or you do all of the above but skip the twisting pull your hair back in a ponytail and do a baggie bun. I think your hair made need a break from the heat and may need some tlc from you. Q

BeatriceFly

queeny20 said:
I never thought I would either but with all the tips and tricks I have learned from the board, I am able to take care of mine and 3 kids (you can see them in my fotki). Why don't you start with a weekend and see how it goes. I think one of the easiest styles will be a curled twistout. First I wash my hair in 4 sections and detangle with gobs of conditioner. Then I twist using the loc creme and roll the ends. I let mine airdry and then sit under a dryer for a few minutes. Then I just unroll and untwist, or leave the twists in and wear a satin scarf. Or you do all of the above but skip the twisting pull your hair back in a ponytail and do a baggie bun. I think your hair made need a break from the heat and may need some tlc from you. Q

First, thanks for all this banging advice. Secondly do you think you can send me a PM telling me step by step what you do AND products you use?? Also are you natural? I know my hair CANNOT be pulled back into a ponytail... well it can I guess but It won't look nice, and it will be poofy and just crazy.. its very thick!! I have to try SOMETHING though, simply because I'm tired of paying people to do MY HAIR!! I must learn. I think I really want to try the twist out. Thanks queeny!!

MrsQueeny

EbonyPerez said:
First, thanks for all this banging advice. Secondly do you think you can send me a PM telling me step by step what you do AND products you use?? Also are you natural? I know my hair CANNOT be pulled back into a ponytail... well it can I guess but It won't look nice, and it will be poofy and just crazy.. its very thick!! I have to try SOMETHING though, simply because I'm tired of paying people to do MY HAIR!! I must learn. I think I really want to try the twist out. Thanks queeny!!
Yes I will pm you. I also have pics of products in my fotki. Have you checked it out to see my thick hair? Trust me I feel your pain. Alright off to pm you. Q

ekomba

EbonyPerez said:

Welcome Ebony!:) :p :D your hair looks great! i like how you get it straigth. i wish i could see your hair natural dry but it looks good. Where do you get it pressed ? and the frequency cause too much can cause damage but if you do it like once every 2 weeks or once a month its ok. ;) i wanna press my hair one day still looking for a place in ny where they dont burn your hair and natural-friendly:D

RabiaElaine

Welcome...Your hair is beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you are doing a great job already! I'm sure the things you learn from this board will help you continue to grow beautiful long hair!

pet

YAY!! Another person who presses their hair! I also press my hair once every three weeks. For the most part, I wear my hair up. I only grease my hair once a week, so it can be moisturized in some way, and I take lots of vitamins. The one that I would recommend to you is Biotin. It's healthy and you don't have to go through a lot to get growth.

BeatriceFly

awww everyone is just wonderful
im so happy to be here even though i'm already addicted
thanks all for the beautiful and warm welcome!!! :D :grin: :lachen: :p

OneInAMillion

Welcome :newbie: ! You're starting with such a healthy head of hair! I'm sure you'll find lots of tips here. Just curious, where do you get your hair pressed? :) It looks lovely...