New Growth Horror

atmo718

I will be getting a relaxer this Friday, but I have a problem. I can't even comb through my hair at all. I moisturize every night and in the morning my hair is not manageable at all. I have type 4b hair and have'nt had a relaxer in 8 weeks. BTW, I am 7 months pregnant and in need of a relaxer ASAP. Please help I have never experience this much pain while combing my hair. I dont know how I will survive until Friday.

Lee

Do a conditioner wash with a moisturizing conditioner. This helps my new growth when it gets uncontrollable. Also, while wet use a little Wild Growth Oil or any oil that softens your hair.

pooh123

I agree with Lee. Make sure you detangle thoroughly with a WIDE tooth comb also and use a good leave-in.

HTH!
pooh123

atmo718

Hi Ladies,

I have just washed my hair on Saturday,and will be getting a touch-up on Friday. Wild Growth Oil I would have to give that a try, And how about olive oil?

LABETT

I like to use profectiv roothealth to magnage my new growth
it makes my hair real soft and easy to comb.

Honi

There is no board.
I know what you mean. When I was pregnant I used a detangling shampoo like CON followed up with a deep moisturizing conditioner. I did alot of rollersets and "painted" my roots with coconut oil and sat under a warm dryer. That helped soften the newgrowth tremendously.

EmeraldSky

Also make sure you ask your stylist to be gentle since you have a lot of thick new growth, don't assume (like I did) that they' will, I've found that asking in advance makes them more concious.

Aerie17

I would suggest using a silicone product...John Frieda's Relax line has a product called Texture Correcting Serum. Follow the directions and make sure you are applying it to dripping wet hair. I did, and my comb glides through my roots. I am very happy with this product but will only use it that last week before the touch-up when things are really getting rough. I don't seem to need it before then. Don't make the mistake of using too much. Good Luck!

JenJen2721

[ QUOTE ]
I like to use profectiv roothealth to magnage my new growth
it makes my hair real soft and easy to comb.

[/ QUOTE ]

ditto!!!

ThursdayGirl

Root health helped me too... but its results only lasted the day. I agree with the ladies above about the conditioner wash and detangling with a wide toothed comb. I find its better if I detangle while I have the conditioner in my hair... then carefully rinse it out.

I have also had good success with Coconut oil for softening the new growth. Olive oil is a good lubricant... but I don't remember it doing a lot as far as softening for me. I think its a major ingredient in WGO... so its worth a try if WGO usually works well on your hair.

AnjelLuvs

I was about to suggest combing your hair when the conditioner is in!

I have that happen to me too. What I actually did was wash more often. when I waited to long it would be harder to comb out, rather than me washing every 2-3 days. Dont ask me how this works, but it does for me

S

Stylepink

I have the same problem, the only thing that worked for me was coconut oil.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Detangle and comb your hair while extremely wet and apply some oil. Braid it in sections and let it airdry. When it is dry you should be able to manage the new growth.