New growth

blackberry1913

Hey guys, for those who go a long while w/o relaxers, what do use to keep the new growth soft and manageable so alot of hair doesn't come out. I'm trying to wait until Aug (last one end of May) but the new growth is getting out if hand!

Peachtree

Hi blackberry

Here's a few things that I've found keeps my new growth soft & managable...
1) Pure Glycerin mixed with Distilled water
2) Castor oil
3) Hot oil treatments with VO5
4) Creme of Nature poo
5) Motions Moisture + conditioner
.....just to name a few

Spagirl

So far, WGO (Wild Grow Oil) after any routine in which the regrowth is moistened first has made my hair soft and managable.

inthepink

Lots of conditioning and leave-in conditioner. Make sure when you condition to massage it right into the new growth. Also, applying a little oil to the new growth helps to lay it down some.

blackberry1913

My main problem is when it dries I can't even comb the new growth and it starts to shed. I currently use alot things to get ut manageable such as Wave Nouveu Finishing Lotion and Afica Best Liquid Mayonnaise.

JenJen2721

With the Root Health...you can use it on wet or dry hair. I would use mine after drying before flat ironing...when I would part each section...I would just put a little root health down the part on the scalp and it would soften up/moisturize the new growth making it easier to comb or style.

How do you wear your hair?

aqualung

[ QUOTE ]
My main problem is when it dries I can't even comb the new growth and it starts to shed. I currently use alot things to get ut manageable such as Wave Nouveu Finishing Lotion and Afica Best Liquid Mayonnaise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yikes! Don't manipulate those roots when they're dry!

The best time to detangle (at least for me) is during a CO wash when my hair's been saturated with the leave-in conditioner for a few minutes. Put the the section that you're combing into the stream of the water from the showerhead. The water and the conditioner will give you the slip you need to comb through.