New Hair cut remorse :(

MJ

The "after" hair has more body and style, and the layers look great. The "before" version was great as well, you had waist length hair. It was more "unique" than the "after" hair.

I also agree with what Hopeful said.

Be very careful if you go back to her. Next time she might try to get you to bsl or apl, seriously, just be very careful because she has already shown you once that she will not listen to your wishes.

Last edited:

Dauntless

Thanks ladies...I'm realizing that long hair isn't all that unless it has some swang to it...So hopefully I can keep this style and maintain it even at a longer length later on...but I am cautious on going back...She did so good...but I wonder if she'll always chop off inches when I just want a trim I mean like
I said I was planning on losing an inch or two so i'm not in toal shock but from here on out when I just want a trim will that be two inches to her? ya know? I'll have to contemplate on going back

Tarae

Yea it was my first time seeing her...she said I was too young to have long plain jane hair...lol...I guess some folk just don't like long hair....
That's not her decision to make :ohwell:
Luckily, it's a nice cut. I really like it.

Mrs.Green

OMG~ Your hair looks Fabulous!!! Your hair looks like she cut more that two inches because it's curled maybe when it's straight it will be longer.

hillytmj

Be very careful if you go back to her. Next time she might try to get you to bsl or apl, seriously, just be very careful because she has already shown you once that she will not listen to your wishes.

ITA...You hair does look amazing, and the cut looks very flattering like a TV commercial like everyone has said. BUT it is a serious matter to me if a stylist does what THEY want to do rather than what YOU want them to do. :nono: You already know about bunning, moisturizing/sealing ends, and the other tips on LHCF, so I recommend doing all of those things (like you did to get your waistlength hair) and you will achieve your goal of having long, waist-length layers. I think it would be in a style like Pocahontas' Avatar, long and layered. To keep that layered look, while getting healthy trims to keep your ends in shape, I would go somewhere like a Supercuts type place where they specialize in precision cuts and understand what the word "TRIM" means. You could also dust on your own or get a trusted friend or family member to help you.

Honestly, the most this new stylist could do for me is style my hair. I wouldn't let her touch my hair with scissors because she didn't follow directions. But overall, I wouldn't consider this a setback. Just an unexpected way for you to mix up your routine, get a new look and refresh your "know-how" on choosing a good stylist. You'll be back Waist-length in no time, sister! :yep: :yep: :yep:

hopeful

^^^^ITA with the above poster and with MJ.

The "after" hair has more body and style, and the layers look great. The "before" version was great as well, you had waist length hair. It was more "unique" than the "after" hair.

I also agree with what Hopeful said.

Your hair came out beautifully, too beautiful to be considered a setback, but she should have honored your wishes. You are a blessed lady to have such long, beautiful hair.

msa

I agree with hopeful, be careful if you do go back to her. Personally, I wouldn't because she's already shown she can't be trusted.

Your hair looked great before and after. And, you didn't trim for four years? That gives me hope because I don't want to trim until I reach my goal.

Caramela

I actually like the cut better too. The layers make it look fuller bouncier and more swangy! It looks absolutely great.

Menina Preta

I love the cut! She did cut off way more than you wanted though.

I agree with Hopeful. I'd be weary about returning to her for a cut. Did you tell her prior to the trim that you didn't trim in 4 years? Perhaps that's why she was so scissor happy.

wannabelong

Yes, the scissor happy stylist cut more than you asked for however, your hair is still beautiful.

Last edited:

PuffyBrown

You hair is sooooo beautiful!
I know how it feels when a stylist does not do as asked. However, this cut is fab! It did make your hair look fuller!
Again, it is really beautiful. No worries...it will be back by mid-summer.

schipperchow1

Although she did cut more than you wanted, it looks great!
I wouldn't trust her to do another cut though as others have said. The next 5 inch "trim" will bring you around APL.

lilvudufly

I like the before pic but i think you can stop choking the sylist becasue it looks full and beautiful. You have been added to my idol list on LHCF.

BostonMaria

You have beautiful hair!

Honestly I don't think she should've cut more than 2 inches, but it is still long. It'll grow back healthier looking now. Don't let her touch your hair for at least another year!

rsmith

I hate it when they cut more than what you tell them too. However, your hair looks super thick and bouncy. I love it.