New here from Maryland

iris601

I just joined here today. I went online looking for the BEST conditioners for black hair and this is where I landed. I need to go to the store today to work on whatever is going on with my hair. My ends feel like wool no matter what I am doing to help it. I can only use Affirm Sensitive Scalp Relaxer or else call out the fire trucks on me. I use Mizani shampoos and conditioners, hot oil treatment, etc. Something changed the last time I relaxed and my hair got like dry and chunky.

This is what I come to as best products I saw used:

Motions CPR
Pantene Daily Moisture Renewal
**LeKair Cholesterol
Queen Helene Cholesterol
Pantene Pro-V Smooth and Sleek
Loreal Unfrizz Smoothing Treatment
**Motions Moisture Plus
**Herbal Essence Triple Conditioning for dry damaged hair
Motions - Silk Protein Conditioner (Reconstructor)
Mizani Moisturfuse
**Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner
**Nexxus Humectress
Biolage Conditioning & Ultra Hydrating Balm
BURT'S BEE'S AVOCADO BUTTER PRE-SHAMPOO TREATMENT

My hair sheds A LOT!! So I don't know about the Motions CPR

As well, my husband and I are a black-owned business. We are #1 on Google if you're searching for Body Oil or Body Oils, so check us out sometime. My links are in my signature for UniqueOils.com. We offers sales throughout the year, but sign up for our newsletter to get a notice. Our #1 seller right now is ANY FRAGRANCE we sell in Body Butter. It's selling like bottled water...LOL

Someone give me your pointers on the best conditioners I should use. I have very thick, dry hair....have to treat my scalp for dandruff as well.

Thanks, Iris

baby42

:wave::welcome3:i am still looking also:yep:but there is so many good ones you may have to look at some old post to see what a lot of people are useing. happy growing but i use laico laico i ts a leave in and gives a great roller set too i air dry with it also. it works for me:spinning:i use garlic shampoo for shedding. and cpr it a mild protein i love it .but with both you must deep con when you use them,

Last edited:

iris601

Thanks, I had grown my hair out and it was really nice. Then it's like I went through a change when I moved from Mississippi to Maryland. I had my hair chopped off. I seem to like it short some on the sides to keep it maintained in a style, but I like it long in the back. It was looking a little 80ish, but I had it cut in a better hairstyle. Now it's doing some crazy thing by getting all dry and matted looking in the back. It's fine in the front. I'm bout to hit the hair store now.

Evazhair

:welcome:

You should determine if you are dealing with hard water, which is common here in the area. If so, chelating shampoo is a must!!!!!

RocStar

:hiya:

You might want to consider a deep conditioning treatment with heat with KeraCare Humecto. Sounds like you need moisture, moisture and more moisture. The Humecto usually does the trick for me.

Good Luck!

Last edited:

Misshairdiva

Just wanted to say HI from a WestVirginian who is right next to the Md line, about 45 minutes away from you! Gaithersburg... I know of a great Dominican Salon there if you ever want to go!! :wave:

iris601

Wow, thanks for all the responses. I just came back from Trade Secret and got the Joico K-Pak line. They've got a sale going on at Trade Secret where you get products Buy 1 Get 1 50% off. So that worked for me. We have well water out here where I'm at. But what's strange, that my Mizani line was working great, then last week, my hair just took a turn for the worse. So hopefully this will work. And yea, I need moisture, moisture and more moisture. Where is the Dominican salon at? I've been to three since I've been here.

iris601

The Joico line worked great for my hair. My hair feels bouncy and fluffy instead of matted and gunky. My hair actually feels much straighter like I had relaxed it. I had been using the Mizani line for months and it worked great. I'm assuming that I could have used a Clarifying shampoo to take care of that problem.

Barbara

Princess
Looks like you have a lot of products for a newbie, :giggle: but I recommend Verifen Complex Advance Conditioning Treatment (no oil needed). Welcome to the club. :grouphug:

BrooklynSouth

Welcome aboard, Iris..nice websites too. I agree about you having a lot of products. Use them carefully one at a time to see the effect. MOTIONS CPR and I are not :nono:friends.

mrsthiggy

Welcome fellow New Yorker, who now resides in Maryland!!! I'm a newbie too. But I 'll tell ya the water is so hard here it's crazy. Think about a shower head filter. There are 2 Dominican salons in Silver Spring that I go to Jaselvis on Flower Ave and Melania on New Hampshire Ave. they are both in the phone book. Someone just recommended N. Lo on Georgia Ave ask for Gina

sheca

:welcome:

im on the hunt for a good conditioner as well....everyone is super supportive here, so im sure you will find the information/help you want